LEXINGTON, Ky. (March 25, 2021) – The Keeneland Concours d’Elegance Classic car show returns to the beautiful Keeneland Race Course in Lexington, Kentucky on July 17th, 2021 showcasing over 160 of the finest vintage cars and exotic cars and bikes in the world. All the antique, vintage and classic automobiles at the show will compete for awards for their historical accuracy, presentation, and cleanliness.
The vintage cars that will be on display at Keeneland Concours Car Show are not only always fully restored to mint condition, but they do surpass the condition of models that originally rolled off the assembly lines many years ago. When these cars are judged for awards, points are given and taken away based on a car’s condition.
In a Concours competition like that of the Keeneland Concours, even the smallest of imperfections of condition will cost a contestant fractions of a point. The point system stats at 100 and for each imperfection, a point is detected. At the end on the competition, the car with the most points wins.
FACT: The Concours d’Elegance is a French word for “the competition of elegance”.
Although there are a lot of classes in a Concours d’Elegance car show, each class group is judged based on the same strict criteria to determine a class winner. Judges look at each vehicle objectively looking at authenticity, condition, and appearance. All aspects of the car are inspected including the interior, and exterior, trunk, and engine compartment. Additionally, the cars are judged subjectively for beauty, design, rarity, significance, presentation, and visual impact. The subjective criteria is truly what defines the car.
Each winner of each class, and runner-up, will receive a class award. Additionally, each entrant will receive a Bluegrass Award ribbon for participating in the event.
The Annual Keeneland Concours will take place at the Horse Capital of the World. The Keeneland Raceway is an internationally renowned racecourse for Thoroughbred horses that was founded in 1936. The car show will take place on the Keeneland raceway grounds.
- Quick take: Held on the beautiful grounds of the historic Keeneland Race Course, the Keeneland Concours d’Elegance has become a favorite among Concours exhibitors and lovers of collectible automobiles. In the process, it has also become one of the most popular events in the Commonwealth of Kentucky. The weekend includes a full schedule of events, including the Concours Bash, Bourbon Tour, Tour d’Elegance, the Concours, and a Car Club Paddock.
The event is also for a good cause. Donations collected at the event will support the Keeneland Concours d’Elegance Endowment for Newborn Research at the University of Kentucky Children’s Hospital. The donations provide training equipment and simulation models for the doctors, nurses, and medical students. To date, through donations, the event has raised $736,821.
The Main Event
Keeneland Concours d’Elegance Car Show Highlights
- Date: July 15–18, 2021
- Venue: Keeneland Race Track
- Location: 4201 Versailles Road Lexington, Kentucky 40510
- Directions: Use Gate 2 onto the Keeneland grounds from US 60
- Purchase tickets On-line-$15
- Tickets will be available at the gate – $20
- Estimated number of cars on display: 160 vehicles
- Featured Car: Corvette, Zagato-bodied cars
- Phone: 859.806.3245
- Year founded: 2004
- More Details on the Keeneland Concours d’Elegance
- Website: www.keenelandconcours.com
EVENT DAY SCHEDULE DETAILS
- Show Schedule: Saturday, July 17th, 2021 6:30 am the field opens to vehicle entrants, Then the field opens to spectators at 9:00 am where spectators can walk and view all the classic car collections. By 3:00 pm, all the cars have been inspected by the judges and start to tally up their results and present awards. The show concludes at 4:30 pm and all car enthusiasts and all spectators must depart the field and grounds.
- Children under 12 are admitted free and Active Military in uniform are admitted free.
- Will Call: ALL gates to the Saturday car show will have a “Will Call” list and a dedicated “Will Call” person for distributing tickets. All tickets include FREE general spectator and parking.
- Handicapped-accessible parking is available free of charge. Please Gate 2 onto the Keeneland grounds from US 60.
- Premium Paddock Parking for $5 per car is available for all Car Clubs or any Sports, Exotic, or FUN CARS.
- VIP Parking is available for a premium is $20 and located using gate (2) onto the Keeneland grounds from US 60.
- Car show collector programs are available at the show for only $10.
Car Club Competition At The Car Club Paddock
There will be additional historic cars available for viewing the Car Club Paddock featuring 14 different car clubs and approximately 425 members. Cars featured at the Car Club Paddock area are many Alfa Romeos, Classic Audis, Rare British Sterlings, Super Cobras, Unique Corvettes, Vintage Ferraris, Supped up Hot Rods, Limited Maseratis, Classic Mini-Coopers, Muscle Cars, Antique Model A, Older Mustangs, Classic Porsches, and many others.
There will be an annual car competition between the Car Clubs to for the University of Kentucky Children’s Hospital. The winner of the Car Club Competition will have their name engraved on the Paddock Challenge Winners Cup. Both the Winners Cup and the Name Plaque will be displayed in the Children’s Hospital lobby.
If you are interested in participating in feature your car here, a member of a Car Club, or are interested in participating, visit the Car Club Paddock page.
In addition to the Concours vehicles, the Car Club Paddock has become an important element of our Concours, as each club proudly displays their cars for spectators to enjoy. Last year’s Paddock boasted over 14 different car clubs and approximately 425 members. If you are a member of a Car Club or are interested in participating, visit the Car Club Paddock page.
Show Schedule for Exhibitors on July 17th, 2021
- 6:30 AM – Check-in opens for Exhibitors
- 8:30 AM – All vehicles must be in position on the show field
- 9:00 AM – Judging begins, meet with judges at your vehicle. Each vehicle will be inspected for 20 minutes and judging times will be assigned. You must be present when your car is judged.
Show Schedule for Attendees on July 17th, 2021
- 9:00 AM – Gates open to public
- 3:00 PM – Awards ceremony begins
- 4:30 PM – Show concludes
Corvette Marque is Keeneland Concours Featured Car For 2021
The 2021 Keeneland Concours d’Elegance Car Show announces a dedicated new car class for the Corvette. Since 2004, the Corvettes has always played an important part of the Keeneland Car Show.
This year the Keeneland Concours will be featuring Corvettes built in the state of Kentucky and showcasing the Sleek Zagoto-bodied Z06 Corvette.
The Sleek Zagoto Z06 Corvette is a new high-performance Z06 Corvette with ia 6.2-liter supercharged LT4 V8 engine and is a true Super-Car. The Z06 has super-wide 19-inch front tires, and 20-inch rear tires, and a new Z06 engine that produces 650 horsepower and 650 pound-feet of torque.
The Corvette Z06 accelerates from 60 mph in only 2.95 seconds with an eight-speed paddle-shift automatic transmission. The Z06 is capable of achieving the quarter-mile in on 10.95 seconds and can stop from 60 mph in only 99.6 feet.
This is a new class for Supercar and is 100% MADE IN THE U.S.A. It will definitely be going toe-to-toe with the Ferrari’s, Lamborghini’s, Panini’s, and even Bugatti’s.
WANTED: CLASSIC CORVETTES
For the 2021 car show, the Keenland Concours is looking to feature seven generations of the classic Corvette. As such, they are reaching out to all corvette owners for possible participation in this year’s show. If you own a classic Corvette, or know someone who does, please contact the Keeneland Concours Website here to register.
From the Keenland Concours Website: “To keep things exciting we have created a “Most Wanted” wish list. While it’s not our goal to limit entrants to only those cars noted, it would be fun to have a few.”
- C1’s – Fulie’s and Z06 Big Tanks Corvette
- C2’s – L-78’s, L-88’s, ‘63 Split-window Corvette
- C3’s – ZL1’s, L88’s, T-tops Corvette
- C4’s – ZR1’s, ‘96 Grand Sport Coup or Convertibles Corvette
- C5’s – Z06’s, 50th Anniv., Fixed Roof Coupe, Indy Pace Car Corvette
- C6’s – Z06’s (Competition Sport and GT1), and ZR1’s Corvette
- C7’s – Carbon 65’s, ZR1’s, Z06’s Corvette Nominations & Expectations
Class Lead: Shawn Fear – e-mail: ShawnFear@yahoo.com
2019 Best of Show Winner 1933 Isota Fraschini Tipo 8A
The 2019 Keeneland Concours d’Elegance judges selected the 1933 Isota Fraschini Tipo 8A as its Best of Show. Presented by Evergreen Historic Automobiles – Missouri. Click below to watch a short video of this amazing car Best of Show – Video of the 1933 Isota Fraschini Tipo 8A on Youtube
The Venue – The Keeneland Racetrack
Located in the Horse Capital of the World, Keeneland is an internationally renowned racecourse and the Thoroughbred industry’s leading auction house. Keeneland’s mission is to continually invest in the industry and to preserve the tradition of Thoroughbred racing.
Keeneland was founded in 1936 as a nonprofit racing–auction entity on 147 acres of farmland west of Lexington, which had been owned by Jack Keene and Keeneland was designated a National Historic Landmark in 1986. It has used proceeds from races and its auctions to further the thoroughbred industry as well as to contribute to the surrounding community.
The 15-day spring meet is one of the richest in North America, with fifteen graded stakes races featuring the Blue Grass Stakes, a prep race for the Kentucky Derby. The 17-day fall meet features seventeen graded stakes races, six of which are Grade One events used as Breeders’ Cup preps. Out of 65 Thoroughbred racetracks in North America, (2009) Keeneland was ranked #1 of the top ten tracks.
In 1984 in preparation for a visit by Queen Elizabeth II it created the Queen Elizabeth II Challenge Cup Stakes.
Most of the racing scenes of the 2003 movie Seabiscuit were shot at Keeneland, in part because of the track’s “retro feel”. Keeneland was also used in the 2005 movie Dreamer and the 2010 movie Secretariat for several key scenes, including the running of the Belmont Stakes where the horse completes the Triple Crown. Keeneland hosted the Breeders’ Cup for the first time in 2015. The Breeders’ Cup Classic was won by Triple Crown winner American Pharoah by six and a half lengths.
Tradition, beauty and world-class Thoroughbreds make Keeneland racing a spectacle to behold. For more than eight decades, the best horses, owners, jockeys and trainers have converged at Keeneland each April and October to compete in “racing as it was meant to be.” Located in the Horse Capital of the World, Keeneland is an internationally renowned racecourse and the Thoroughbred industry’s leading auction house. Founded in 1936, Keeneland’s mission is to continually invest in the industry and to preserve the tradition of Thoroughbred racing.
The Tradition of Racing at Keeneland
Nestled in the heart of horse country, Keeneland is renowned the world over for its idyllic setting. Keeneland is open to the public year-round and offers countless ways to experience the best traditions of racing.
Intended as a gathering place for the local community, Keeneland is a National Historic Landmark (1986), and our beautiful, park-like grounds are open to visitors year-round.
Keeneland is a National Historic Landmark
4201 Versailles Road Lexington, Kentucky 40510
Phone: (859) 254-3412
Toll-Free: (800) 456-3412
Keeneland Concours Society
Members of the Keeneland Concours Society will receive a limited edition 10th Anniversary numbered badge upon its purchase. These anniversary badges were produced to commemorate the Keeneland Concours 10th Anniversary.
Your Society membership is helping the Keeneland Concours in its pursuit to ensure that all of Kentucky’s children can have a healthy and happy life.
Proceeds benefit the University of Kentucky Children’s Hospital at the University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY. Silver Level Membership Benefits ( $100.00 )
- 3” diameter Cloisonné numbered badge made of brass with silver rhodium finish
- Keeneland Concours Society Membership Identification badge
- Lifetime Advance Ticket Sale Price at the gate for two (2) people to the Keeneland
- Concours day of show. (Saturday)
- VIP area parking
- Access for two (2) people to Keeneland Concours Society member area
- (includes snacks, water, and cash bar at the Keeneland Concours Car Show.
- Keeneland Concours Society Recognition on Concours website and in the Concours Event Program
- Fair Market Value of $75.00
Tom Jones – Keeneland Concourse Car Show Co-Chairman
About Tom Jones: “I have always been a motorhead. Growing up in NorCal I was bitten by the car bug early. I was also involved in Concours early. I started helping a Concours in Oregon in my Freshman year of college and stayed with it for my 10-year stay in Eugene.
The Cottage Grove Concours was a wonderful Concours. I am currently the Classic Car Club of America sitting President, I have served on that board for 9 years.
I am blessed to be married to a wonderful woman who enjoys cars as much as I do. I am honored to be the co-chair, along with Connie, on an event that allows us to share our passion with cars- and help the Children’s Hospital as well.”
Connie Jones – Keeneland Concourse Car Show Co-Chairman
About Connie Jones: “A native of Richmond Kentucky every afternoon in the summer, my Father and I went fishing in our 1957 Ford we lovingly called, “Old Henry”. The youngest of 13 children, those were very special times for me.”
“My first car was a navy blue 1965 Mustang. A variety of sports cars have come since the pony car. A Datsun 280Z Coupe, Camaro, Firebird, Mercedes, and Porsche. I especially love the
“Italian” beauties! So while I still have polished nails and love my dresses, I also still change the oil or dye the leather of a car.” “As a member of that Southern family, hospitality, generosity and kindness are traits that my parents instilled. This event (Keeneland Concours d’Elegance) allows us (Tom Jones and myself, as co-chairs) to host our guests at the truly unique and historic Keeneland Race Track.”
“Fifteen years later and the Keeneland Concours Car Show is still going. I proudly serve on the Kentucky Children’s Hospital Executive Council and have since 2007. This is also the Concours beneficiary. While there are many aspects of the Concours I work on, personally- I enjoy helping with our Junior Judges who have a passion for cars.
The men and women of this organization are committed and passionate about improving the quality of healthcare for the children of Kentucky and we are all thankful to be able to support this event.”
University of Kentucky Children’s Hospital – Our Beneficiary
The University of Kentucky Children’s Hospital is the Beneficiary of the Keeneland Car Show Proceeds.
University of Kentucky Children’s Hospital has Eastern and Central Kentucky’s only Level I pediatric trauma center, Level IV newborn (neonatal) intensive care unit, and pediatric intensive care unit. You’ll also find more than 30 advanced sub-specialty programs, such as pediatric oncology and pediatric surgery. That means when your child needs the highest level of advanced specialty care, it’s available right here, close to home.
How has Keeneland Concours d’Elgance helped?
Donations – such as those from the Keeneland Concours d’Elegance Car Show proceeds exceed a half-million dollars and help move the University of Kentucky Children’s Hospital closer to fulfilling its mission and reaching its goals. Donations have been focused on robotic patients/simulation babies. A great teaching aid to students and doctors alike. As the Keeneland Concours team approaches its second decade – we are all very proud to h be helping with the great work UKCH performs day in and day out.
Keeneland Concours d’Elegance Has Raised a Total of:$736,821.
Keeneland Concours d’Elegance Endowment for Newborn Research Funds basic and translation research for our caregivers and basic scientists in the NICU $511,821 endowment established $125,000 to fund the creation of a pediatric simulation lab in UKCH $50,000 to fund the purchase of the next generation of portable pediatric simulation training systems $50,000 in support of UKCH programs and family support.
You can contribute to the foundation even if you do not attend the car show.
Visit the Donations page of the Keeneland Concours d’Elegance web page.
Keeneland Concours d’Elegance Contribution Schedule
- BOURBON TOUR – $1000/PERSON – $1500/COUPLE
- CONCOURS BASH – $75/PERSON
- SUNDAY TOUR d’ELEGANCE – $200 ONE CAR – $75 EXTRA PASSENGER
- KEENELAND CONCOURS SOCIETY – SILVER LEVEL-$100 – GOLD LEVEL-$500