The Forest Grove Concours d’Elegance Car Show Happens at Pacific University In Forest Grove, OR, on July 14-16, 2023.
(Updated June 7, 2023) — The Forest Grove Concours d’Elegance will host a thrilling three-day weekend celebrating vintage cars, culminating with a 300+ Concours d’Elegance on the campus of the Pacific University in Pacific Grove, Oregon, from July 15 through July 16, 2023.
The three-day car-themed extravaganza will include an elegant Concours D’Elegance Car Show, a Tour through a wine Vineyard, and a Social Car Owner Dinner where judges, sponsors, and Rotary Club Members can mingle.
The car class categories on display this year will include Antique Elegance, Uniquely American, Special Interest, Classic Closed Cars, Classic Open Cars, American Performance, Sports Cars and Tourers, Italian Performance, and Retired Race Cars.
While featured marques and car brands on the field will include Chevrolet Corvette (all years), Lancia, MG, General Motors, Ford Motor Company, Jaguar, Porsche, and Italian Performance.
2023 FEATURED CAR CLASS ON DISPLAY
- 70 Years of the Corvette: Don’t miss the 70-year celebration of the Corvette that will be on display in the Corvette Corral. Celebrated at the show will be Corvettes from 1953 to 1982. All the Corvettes will be judged and presented with awards.
- 100 Years of MG: All makes, models and years of MG will be on display at the Concours, while MGs built from 1923 to 1962 will be eligible for judging and awards. The 2023 Concours celebrates the 100th anniversary of the MG Car Company, which is based in Abingdon-on-Thames, UK.
- Lancia (All Years): Spectators will see an amazing array of post-war Lancia automobiles provided by the American Lancia Club.
The first event of the weekend starts with a sunset Vineyard Concert overlooking Mt. Hood and Mt. Jefferson mountains from Eagles Nest Reserve’s winery on Friday, July 14. Then on Saturday, July 15, is the Vineyard Tour where you can enjoy a long scenic drive with a group of other drivers on winding roads outside of Forest Grove.
Next is an Elegant Dinner Evening at the prestigious Pumpkin Ridge Golf Course with other car entrants, judges, sponsors, and Rotary Club Members. Lastly, and the main event, on Sunday, July 16, is the 60th running of the Forest Grove Concours d’Elegance where over 300 carefully curated classic cars are showcased, judged, and presented with awards.
You can pre-buy tickets 🎫 to any of the above events at https://forestgroveconcours.org/attend/schedule. Tickets for the Vineyard Concert cost $75, the Vineyard Tour costs $175, the Evening Of Elegance Dinner is invitation only, and the Concours d’Elegance costs only $25.
WEEKEND EVENT LIST
- “Vineyard Concert” Friday on July 14 from 4:30 PM – 8:30 PM
- “Vineyard Tour” on July 15 from 6:30 AM and 9:00 AM
- “Concours Elegance Dinner” on Saturday, July 15 (TBS)
- Concours d’Elegance on Sunday, July 16, 2023, from 8:30 AM to 5:00PM
THE VINEYARD CONCERT
The Vineyard Concert at the Eagles Nest Reserve Winery includes live music, a 3-course meal, and wine tasting. The live music will be provided by the renowned King Louie Pain and Renato Caranto Trio who will be bellowing out soul and jazz music. The 3-course meal offers appetizers of charcuterie with fruits and vegetables, a Texas-style BBQ entree plate, and gourmet cookies from the Forest Grove Rotary Bakers. And for libations, the Eagles Nest Reserve Winery will be pouring out outstanding wines, and assorted cider from Forest Grove’s Bull Run Cider Company.
THE VINEYARD TOUR
The Vineyard Tour provides a unique opportunity for car owners to enjoy a picturesque drive through Oregon’s renowned wine country and through Main Street in downtown Forest Grove. There are stops along the route where drivers can re-energize, pick up locally brewed coffee, and socialize with other car collectors at the show. Buy your tickets soon, the tour has only room for 40 cars.
THE CONCOURS D’ELEGANCE
The Concours d’Elegance is one of Oregon’s premier car shows and the top Concours in the Pacific Northwest. Founded in 1973, the Concours is family-friendly and provides the ultimate experience for both car collectors and car enthusiasts. The show offers food, entertainment, car-themed activities, and the opportunity to see over 300 classic and modified vehicles from the oceanfront Pacific University campus lawns. Each carefully chosen car at the show was carefully selected for this event and promised to be a one-of-a-kind car collector’s dream gem.
- 7:45 am All automobiles line up on the grass.
- 8:30 am The Gates are open.
- 9:00 am The judging of cars begins, led by Senior Judge John Clinard.
- 9:00 am Exotic Auto Emporium opens (pre-owned classic cars for sale).
- 11:00 am Michael Allen Harrison performs on the main stage Noon Judging completed
- 1:30 pm Car Class Award Presentation begins.
- 4:00 pm Best in Show Trophy Presentation
- 4:30 pm Concours concludes
The show has 50 years of tradition and a large West Coast following among both car collectors and car enthusiasts. Each year, the show attracts thousands of people from around the country to celebrate one of the most significant events from coast to coast.
So, get ready to enjoy live entertainment, music, food, wine, beer, and spirits at this historic location.
In 2023, all the awards will be presented by the Jaguar Land Rover Car Dealership of Portland, The sponsors for the 2022 show will remain the same, with the “Rotary Club of Forest Grove,” and all proceeds will directly benefit the local community service projects. Lastly, there will be a fundraiser driving “Vineyard Driving Tour,” which will celebrate the end of the tour with an “Evening of Elegance Gala Dinner.”
For more information, please visit the Forest Grove Concours d’Elegance website here: https://forestgroveconcours.org/
- Date: July 16, 2023
- Venue: Pacific University
- Address: 2043 College Way, Pacific Grove, OR 97116
- Admission: $25 ($10 in advance online) (Buy Tickets Online Here)
- Student: Ages 13-18 $10 / Kids Under 12 are FREE
- Featured Cars:70 Years of Corvette, 100 Years of MG, and Lanci
- Website: www.ForestGroveConcours.org
- Phone: 503-357-2300
- Year founded: 1973
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/KeenelandConcours
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/forestgroveconcours/
- Sponsor: Rotary Club of Forest Grove
- Presenting sponsors: Jaguar/Land Rover Portland, OR
- Charities & Benefits: Forest Grove Rotary Club
- Fundraising: Vineyard Driving Tour, Evening of Elegance Gala Dinner
- Number of cars show cars on display: +300
- Host Hotel: Best Western University Inn and Suites, 3933 Pacific Ave., Forest Grove, OR 97116, 503.992.8888
- Location description: This Northwest classic takes over the tree-shaded campus of Pacific University, founded in 1849, and located at 2043 College Way, Forest Grove, OR 97116.
- Last year’s Best of Show: 1935 Mercedes
LIST OF CAR CLASSES
• Antique Elegance Through 1930
• Special Interest 1932 – 1939
• Special Interest 1940 – 1949
• Classic Closed Cars 1916 – 1948
• Classic Open Cars 1916 – 1948
• American Performance Cars 1960 – 1972
• Forgotten Fiberglass Cars 1951 – 1960
• Chevrolet Corvette 1953 – 1982
• Lancia 1925 – 1990
• M G 1923 – 1974
• Ford Motor Company 1949 – 1972
• General Motors 1949 – 1972
• Uniquely American 1945 – 1970
• German Performance 1950 – 1975
• Porsche 356: 1950 – 1965
• Porsche 911: 1966 – 1980
• Italian Performance: 1935 – 1990
• Jaguar Sports Cars: Through 1975
• Commercial Vehicles: 1929 – 1970
• Retired Race Cars and Motorcycles
Don’t miss the award ceremony that will start on Sunday Concours at 1:30 pm and end when the last award is presented around 6:00pm.
For more information, please visit the Forest Grove Concours d’Elegance Website here: https://forestgroveconcours.org/