The Copshaholm Concours d’Elegance Car Show Opens at the Copshaholm Mansion in South Bend, Indiana (July 8, 2023)
July 8, 2023 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm$20
(South Bend, IN June 15, 2023) – The Concours d’Elegance at Copshaholm is a premier celebration of automotive design and styling in Northern Indiana. The event is held annually on the grounds of Copshaholm, a historic estate located in South Bend.
The Concours d’Elegance will feature over 100 old rare, antique, vintage, classic, and brass-era cars. The cars on display cover a wide range of years from 1900 to 2023 and include not only old cars but muscle cars, race cars, exotic cars, trucks, and motorcycles. The entire cavalcade of cars will be showcased on the beautiful lawns of the Copshaholm Museum – the former mansion of Famous Industrialist John D. Oliver.
Saturday morning, July 8th starting at 10:00 am the gates open, and the car show starts. The cars will be divided into car classes throughout the museum grounds for easy viewing and judging. Over the course of the day, a carefully curated group of judges will carefully view and inspect each car for originality, authenticity, and overall condition to contribute votes.
Then at 2:00 pm, the judges will tally up their votes and present awards to the owners of each class. The Best-of-Show Award will be the last award presented and represents the most remarkable example at the show.
This year’s Concours awards will be co-presented by LaVine Restorations, owners Vivian & Eric LaVine, and The JBS Car Collection, owner Jack Boyd Smith Jr. The award presentations will focus on the original automotive designs and styling of vehicles that hail from Northern Indiana. Both LaVine Restorations and The JBS Car Collection are from neighboring Nappanee, Indiana.
The Concours d’Elegance at Copshaholm was built for industrialist Joseph D. Oliver in 1895 and is on the National Register of Historic Places. The 38-room leaded glass mansion sits on 2.5 acres of beautifully manicured gardens, and today it is open to visitors as a blast from the past. (Photo courtesy of www.choncoursatcopshaholm.org)
The Concours will provide fun events specifically for such as a scavenger hunt, face painting, and a petting zoo.FOOD & DRINK
There will be plenty of shops, restaurants, and vendors serving food and drinks and refreshments., signature cocktails, and Greenwich merchandise.
Beyond the historic cars, the Copshaholm Museum grounds will be filled with thousands of car enthusiasts, car collectors, and families from around the country.
The Copshaholm d’Elegane car show day will feature over 100 rare & historic cars, fun family-friendly events, car collector social opportunities, a silent car-themed auction, food, and refreshments. And just for kids, the event will provide fun activities such as a scavenger hunt, face painting, and a petting zoo.
Highlights of the 2023 Concours d’Elegance at Copshaholm:
- A collection of classic and exotic cars, trucks, and motorcycles from around the world
- Judging by a panel of automotive experts
- A car show featuring over 100 vehicles
- A silent auction with a variety of unique and rare items
- A variety of family-friendly activities, including a scavenger hunt, face painting, and a petting zoo
2023 COMPLETE LIST OF FEATURED VEHICLE CLASSES
- Indianapolis-built classic cars, including Cole, Duesenberg, Marmon, National, and Stutz.
- Deluxe Twelve-Cylinder and Sixteen-Cylinder Engine Classes Cars
- Rosevelt New Deal and “Affordable” Collectible Cars from 1933–1942.
- The Raymond Loewy Era from 1938–1955 Studebakers, including Studebaker Sky 1956 Hawks, and Avantis
- The American-Built Detroit Classic Station Wagons
- The Best-of-the-Best of Oldsmobile Marque Vehicles (All Years)
- Pre-Roaring Twenties Antique Cars (Prior 1923)
- The Corvette Celebrates a 70-Anniversary for All Years
- Jaguar SS 1936–1939 by SS Cars Ltd. of Coventry, England
- An Open Class for Hall-of-Fame-Winning Pickup Trucks
TICKETS & ADMISSION
🎫 General Admission: $16 pre-purchase online and $20 at the gate the day of the show.
🎫 Member: $6 pre-purchase online $10 a the gate the day of the show.
🎫 Children: 16 & Under Free Free
Please call us at 574-235-9714 if you need any help purchasing tickets.
Car show admission tickets can be purchased the day of the event or can be purchased beforehand, at a discount, online. Copshaholm Museum members can purchase tickets online at a discount by logging in to their accounts. Cash and all major credit cards are accepted.
EVENT AND CAR SHOW LOCATION
- Copshaholm (John D. Oliver House) 201 Chapin St.South Bend, IN 46601 United States (MAP)
- Show field hours are 10 am – 4 pm on Saturday, July 8th, 2023
- The Concours will be held outdoors, rain or shine.
Where To Park for the Copshaholm Car Show?
Parking is FREE. – Parking can be found behind the Copshaholm Museum and the Studebaker Museum. This is just (East) of Chapin Street.
As you approach the Museum Campus, you will see signage for general parking on Chapin Street. There is FREE street parking in the neighborhood adjacent to the car show, as well as at the Copshaholm Museum on the grass.(MAP)
COPSHAHOLM CONCOURS D’ELEGANCE
2022 “BEST-OF-SHOW” AWARD
VIDEO OF THE COPSHAHOLM CONCOURS D’ELEGANCE
OTHER CAR MUSEUMS TO VISIT
The Studebaker Museum is one of the most comprehensive car museums to learn about the history of cars and, more specifically, the history and fate of the Studebaker Motor Company. The Studebaker holds a significant place in Indiana history and is one of the most significant pioneers of modern automobiles. The company manufactured cars from 1897 to 1966 and was then acquired by the Packard Motor Company. Today, the entire Studebaker history can be viewed directly across the street from the Concours d’Elegance at Copshaholm. (Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Studebaker)