The “Concours of Elegance” Takes Center Stage at Hampton Court Palace London from September 1-3, 2023
September 1, 2023 @ 10:00 am - September 3, 2023 @ 5:30 pm£50
The 2023 Concours of Elegance will take place from Friday, September 1, to Sunday, September 3, at Hampton Court Palace. The Concours of Elegance began at Windsor Castle in 2012 before moving to St. James’s Palace in 2013, Hampton Court Palace in 2014, and the Palace of Holyroodhouse in Edinburgh (Her Majesty The Queen’s official residence in Scotland) in 2015. It then returned to Windsor Castle in 2016 and Hampton Court Palace in 2017.
The Concours of Elegance will once again bring together a selection of 60 of the rarest cars from around the world – many of which will never have been seen before in the UK. Several of the Concours cars will also take part in a 2-day driving tour in the days leading up to the main Concours event. Uniquely, the Concours of Elegance winner isn’t selected by a panel of judges but by the owners of the cars themselves. Each participant is asked to vote on the other models on display to decide which car is considered the ‘Best of Show’.
Complementing the Concours of Elegance will be displays of hundreds of other fine motor cars, including entrants to The Club Trophy. Now in its eighth year, The Club Trophy sees some of the UK’s most prestigious car clubs offering up their finest examples to an independent panel of judges. The winning Club Trophy car will secure a place in the following year’s main Concours of Elegance event.
FEATURED EVENT: GREAT BRITISH CARS FLY THE FLAG AT CONCOURS OF ELEGANCE 2023
The Concours of Elegance, presented by A. Lange & Söhne, is set to welcome an exquisite array of Great British collector cars to perhaps the greatest of historic British locations, Hampton Court Palace, near London, UK, on September 1-3, 2023. The 11th annual Concours of Elegance will feature machinery from venerable home-grown marques such as Bentley, Aston Martin, Rolls-Royce, Jaguar, and McLaren. From early Bentley Le Mans legends to the most ferocious road car ever built, Aston Martin’s brand-new, Formula 1-inspired Valkyrie, the broad mix showcases how Great Britain has led the world in automotive technology and style on both the road and the track throughout automotive history. Here are just some of the cars that will be flying the Union Jack come September’s event.
FEATURED EVENT: GOODING & COMPANY AUCTION
The upcoming Concours of Elegance is set to include a prestigious Gooding & Company car auction. Gooding & Company, a prominent global auction house specializing in classic and collector cars, is all set to host its annual London Auction on Saturday, September 1, 2023, at the iconic Hampton Court Palace in London, England. This auction is gearing up to unveil a handpicked array of more than 48 of the globe’s most exceptional classic and collector cars. Among these, a significant number are rare gems and historically noteworthy vehicles that are sure to capture the attention of enthusiasts and collectors alike. (Read Details on The Gooding & Company Auction)
FEATURED EVENT: LE MANS 24-HOUR CENTENARY CELEBRATION
THIS YEAR’S CONCOURS OF ELEGANCE WILL FEATURE A JAW-DROPPING CELEBRATION OF THE MOST STORIED MOTORSPORT EVENT: LE MANS, IN THE YEAR OF THE GREAT RACE’S CENTENARY
Working in partnership with l’Automobile Club de l’Ouest (ACO), the Concours of Elegance will welcome legends of La Sarthe from throughout the race’s fascinating history, including no fewer than ten race winners. A Le Mans display, the likes of which have never been seen on British soil before, is the perfect way to mark 100 years of motorsport’s ultimate test. The lineup will welcome the following winners from La Sarthe to Hampton Court Palace:
- 1924 Bentley 3-Litre VDP
- 1929 Bentley Speed Six “Old N°1” (2x Winner)
- 1931 Alfa Romeo 8C-2300 LM Zagato
- 1952 Mercedes Benz 300 SL W194
- 1963 Ferrari 275P ‘0814’ (2x Winner)
- 1968 Ford GT40
- 1974 Matra 670B Le Mans Prototype
- 1979 Rondeau M379B
- 1995 Porsche TWR WSC-952003 Bentley Speed 8
FEATURED EVENT: CONCOURS OF ELEGANCE 2023 WELCOMES BUGATTI – ‘LE PUR-SANG DES AUTOMOBILES’
The Concours of Elegance, presented by A. Lange & Söhne, is delighted to welcome an exquisite array of the rarest and most desirable Bugattis to Hampton Court Palace in West London, UK, on September 1-3, 2023. These cars from the thoroughbred French marque – considered to be ‘le pur-sang des automobiles’ – will grace the 11th annual Concours of Elegance in an homage to the legacy of the master of style and innovation, Ettore Bugatti. He founded his eponymous company in 1909, yet his genius stretched back even further, to the twin-engined racing tricycle he created while a teenage apprentice with the Italian company Prinetti & Stucchi.
HONORARY GUESTS: HRH PRINCE MICHAEL OF KENT GCVO, PATRON OF THE CONCOURS OF ELEGANCE
Prince Michael is a keen ‘hands-on’ motoring enthusiast. As well as being the President of The Royal Automobile Club, he is an Honorary Member of the Bentley Drivers’ Club and the British Racing Drivers’ Club. In 2013, Prince Michael of Kent drove the mighty 1933 Napier-Railton 24-litre Special from The Royal Mews at Buckingham Palace to the 2013 Concours of Elegance at St James’s.
LIST OF ALL FEATURED EVENTS:
- A Concours d’Elegance that’ll flaunt the pre-war charmers.
- A Concours de Sport that’ll showcase the racing beasts.
- A Concours d’Exposition that’ll bring the 1950s and 1960s rockstars.
- A Concours de Style for the slick cars from the 1970s and 1980s.
- A Concours de Concept Cars that’ll blow your mind with futuristic visions.
- A Classic Car Auction that’s like a bidding frenzy from the movies.
- A Paddock Display of cars that’ll make you rub your eyes in disbelief.
- A Family Zone where kids will have so much fun, they’ll forget they’re not in a theme park.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Owners’ Day – Grand Arrival: The Concours may be the main event, but the Grand Arrival is a spectacle in itself. Eighty of the finest cars, spanning more than 100 years of automotive progress, drive in procession before taking their places in the Fountain Gardens for the weekend. Seeing the Concours cars in motion is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
Saturday, September 2nd Schedule of Events:
– The Club Trophy, supported by the Royal Automobile Club: The UK’s best car clubs, including those of Aston Martin Owners Club, Ferrari Owners Club, Jaguar Drivers Club, and Jensen Owners Club, will showcase 40 of the rarest and most impressive cars of their members at the Concours of Elegance. An independent panel of expert judges will then pick a winner, which will be included as part of the main Concours event the following year.
– The Jaguar Trophy by Jaguar Classic: A special Trophy created for Jaguars of all ages, this event gathers together 50 of the finest Jaguars in the country to be scrutinized by a panel of experts, which has previously included Jaguar design director, Ian Callum. The winner will be awarded the Jaguar Trophy and receive a host of other prizes from Concours of Elegance’s partners.
The Levitt Concours: On Saturday, September 2nd, a group of 30 rare and exotic vehicles from Austin Healey 3000s to Ferrari Daytonas – all owned by women – will join the Levitt Concours. They will drive their vehicles into the gardens of Hampton Court Palace for a curated schedule of events. Organized by women and designed for women, the Levitt Concours will also be judged by a panel of modern-day racers, style icons, and national editors.
Car Club Displays: Concours of Elegance will be inviting leading car clubs from the UK to arrive in style, parking their cars within the gardens of Hampton Court Palace. With support from Aston Martin, Ferrari, Jaguar, Jensen, and Mercedes-Benz owners’ clubs, visitors to the Concours can rest assured that there will be an eclectic selection of rare luxury and performance cars on display.
Sunday, September 3rd Schedule of Events:
– Thirty Under 30 Concours presented by A. Lange & Söhne: Designed specifically for the next generation of motoring enthusiasts. This inclusive event is for anyone, 30 or under, who owns a motor car from 1900 to 1999.
– Junior Concours: Celebrating the best half-scale hand-built pedal, electric, and petrol-powered cars of all ages.
– Car Club Displays: Similar to Saturday, Concours of Elegance will host another selection of car clubs in the UK on Sunday. Visitors will be able to see luxury and performance models from some of the world’s most famous manufacturers.
– Royal Warrant Holders Association: The Royal Warrant Holders Association was formed in 1875 to ensure the continued existence of the Royal Warrant as a respected institution. A Royal Warrant is a mark of recognition for those who supply goods or services to the Royal Households. Meanwhile, the Queen Elizabeth Scholarship Trust helps support the training of craftspeople working in Britain.
– Grand Depart: As the Concours of Elegance wraps up on Sunday afternoon, there’s still one last spectacle for visitors – the Grand Depart. Eighty of the rarest cars in the world start their engines and prepare to leave the grounds of Hampton Court Palace as hundreds of onlookers wave off the Concours cars for another year. It’s a fitting end to an incredible weekend.
FOOD & DRINK AT THE CONCOURS OF ELEGANCE
There is a wide variety of food and drink for visitors to enjoy at the Concours of Elegance. From VIP Hospitality packages and Fortnum & Mason Hampers to the Charles Heidsieck Champagne Bar and Jim and Tonic, to espresso coffee and a range of street food vendors. The Concours of Elegance believes that quality gin and sustainability should go hand in hand. That’s why the Concours is ushering in the Roaring 2020s with a new breed of gin fit for the times. At the three London Distillery Bar venues will be four sustainable urban gins, which have been perfected based on feedback from literally thousands of punters who’ve visited the bars. Visit Jim & Tonic.
TICKETS AND ADMISSION:
– Friday, September 1, 2023: 10 am – 6 pm – Concours Of Elegance – Hampton Court Palace, Surrey – VIP Admission £90 – (Buy Tickets Here)
– Saturday, September 2, 2023: 10 am – 6 pm – Concours Of Elegance – Hampton Court Palace, Surrey – General Admission £50 – (Buy Tickets Here)
– Sunday, September 3, 2023: 10 am – 5.30 pm – Concours Of Elegance – Hampton Court Palace, Surrey – General Admission £50 – (Buy Tickets Here)
Limited parking is available. Car parking is on a first-come, first-served basis, with payment required on-site. During busy periods, it’s advisable to consider other means of travel.
Parking on-site is £1.60 per hour (car parking bays fit a standard car only). Pay for your parking with a card only. Please note the parking machines are touch screen and sanitizer dispensers are next to the machines. Alternatively, you can use the Glide app. If our on-site car park is full, please use our nearby off-site car park at Hampton Court Green, as shown below.