Bonham’s Auction Headed To The Goodwood Festival of Speed in Chichester, Goodwood, UK, on July 14, 2023
July 14 @ 9:30 am - 5:00 pmFree
Bonhams Auctions will auction over 40 historically significant collector motorcars along with period collectible motoring memorabilia at The Goodwood Festival of Speed Chichester, UK, on July 14, 2023.
The auction features world-class racing (including motorcycles) on the Goodwood Motor Circuit race track, as well as games, entertainment, trophies, stunning demos, auctions, and festivities. It is regarded as one of Europe’s most exclusive motorsport events.
“The Members’ Meeting sponsored by Audrain Motorsport features an action-packed weekend of exhilarating auto racing, thrilling track demonstrations, and exciting events. It is only accessible to Goodwood Road Racing Club members and is uncrowded, cozy, and accessible everywhere.”
On a spotlight event, Bonhams will once again hold a one-day auction with some of the world’s most expensive and sought-after cars. The cars range in years and design from a 2007 Koenigsegg CCGT Competition Coupé priced at £3,000,000–£4,000,000 to a 1964 Aston Martin DB5 Sports Saloon estimated to sell for between £600,000 and £700,000
Other notable European marques to cross the Bonhams auctioneer’s hammer will be from such notable marques as Bentley, Ferrari, Rolls-Royce, Jaguar, Bugatti, Porsche, and Aston Martin. On the older vintage side, such famous marques include Lagonda, Vauxhall, Talbot, Mosler, Invicta, and even an Invicta.
One particular movie car getting a lot of attention is the “The ex-Peter Sellers/The Wrong Arm of the Law” car that was featured in the movie. The car is a rare 1961 Aston Martin DB4GT Coupé priced to sell at £2,200,000 – £2,600,000
The above motor cars are listed for sale as:
- 2015 Lagonda Taraf Saloon Offered without reserve £150,000 – £250,000
- 1914 Bugatti Type 15 Eight-Valve Three-Seat Prince Henry-Style Tourer
- 1914 Bugatti Type 15 Eight-Valve Three-Seat Prince Henry-Style Tourer offered at £120,000 – £160,000
- Two cars from the private car collection of Roger Bray 1961 Porsche 356B T5 1600 Super Cabriolet and a 1961 Porsche 356B T5 1600 Super Cabriolet expected at £120,000 – £150,000
- 2008 Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren 722 Crown Edition Coupé hammer price of £300,000 – £500,000
- 1963 Aston Martin DB4 Series 5 Vantage Sports Saloon asking price of £250,000 – £300,000
- 2022 Bussink GT S Speedlegend valued at £550,000 – £750,000
- 1954 Aston Martin DB2/4 MkI Drophead Coupé AMOC Concours Winner
- 1963 Aston Martin DB4 Series 5 Vantage Sports Saloon AMOC Concours Winner
- 2008 Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren 722 Crown Edition Coupé
- 1971 Porsche 911 to S/T
- 1971 Porsche 911 to S/T
You can view a full list of the cars by visiting the Bonhams Auction at The Goodwood Festival of Speed website here. (Click here to view all cars)
Bonhams is renowned for presenting world-class auctions of rare and significant collectors’ motor cars, from the earliest veterans to modern supercars, often achieving world-record prices. Their sales at Goodwood – claimed by Bonhams as its second home – have witnessed legendary moments. (Source: Goodwood Website)
ABOUT BONHAMS MOTORCAR AUCTION
Bonhams, founded in 1793, is one of the world’s largest and most renowned auctioneers, holding more than 400 specialist sales a year in 60 different categories with flagship salerooms in London, New York, Los Angeles, Paris, and Hong Kong.
ABOUT GOODWOOD ROAD RACING CLUB
Established in 1998 by the Duke of Richmond, the Goodwood Road Racing Club offers its members exclusive benefits across the estate and a year-round calendar of events at Goodwood and beyond, including the GRRC-only Members’ Meeting held at the circuit each spring.