RM Sotheby’s Auction Will Feature Over 60 Rare Collectible Cars at London’s Majestic Marlborough House Nov. 4, 2023
November 4 @ 4:00 am - 5:00 pmFree
If you are a car enthusiast, collector, or admirer, you might want to mark your calendar for November 4, 2023. That is the date when RM Sotheby’s will auction over 60 world-class hyper rare collector cars at London’s majestic Marlborough House.
This auction, which is in association with the London to Brighton Veteran Car Run, will feature a stunning selection of rare and classic cars from different eras and regions. The marques this year include such famous names as Oldsmobile, Austin Healey, Lancia, Jaguar, Lagonda, Bentley, Avions, Porsche, Mercedes, and Alfa Romeo, just to name a few.
The newest car up for auction is a 2012 Ferrari 599 GTB 60F1 ‘Alonso Edition’ and the oldest car is a 1902 Oldsmobile Model R ‘Curved-Dash’ Runabout.
– 10:00 am – 7:30 pm (PREVIEW)
– 4:30 pm – 7:30 pm (DRINKS RECEPTION)SATURDAY, 4 NOVEMBER 2023
– 10:00 am – 2:00 pm (PREVIEW)
– 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm (COCKTAIL RECEPTION)SATURDAY, 4 NOVEMBER 2023
– 2:00 pm – 4:00pm (THE GRAHAM HILLCAR AUCTION STARTS)
– 4:00 pm – 6:00pm (LONDON AUCTION STARTS)🎫 Register to bid or attend the 2023 RM Sotheby’s Auction London here.
Whether you are looking for a British icon, a German performance car, a French elegance, an Italian masterpiece, or a Japanese innovation, you will find something to suit your taste and budget at this auction.
Last year’s London sale stocked a comprehensive selection of supercars, as well as an outstanding charity lot formerly owned by Freddie Mercury that achieved nearly ten times its high estimate.
This year’s sale will follow the same trend, with early consignments spanning from German performance cars to the Ferrari Testarossa supplied to Nigel Mansell during his first season racing in Formula One for the Scuderia.
Here are Eight of the Highest-Priced cars to hit the auction block for the RM Sotheby’s LONDON Auction.
- 1994 Ferrari 512 TR Spider listed for £2,100,000 – £2,700,000 GBP Offered from The Factory Fresh Collection. This rare and stunning Ferrari 512 TR Spider, one of only three ever built by Ferrari in 1994, with a unique blue exterior and interior, very low mileage, original engine, and a history of being displayed at Ferrari’s 50th anniversary.
- 1990 Ferrari F40 selling with a auction price of £1,900,000 – £2,100,000 GBP. This 1990 Ferrari F40, a very special and rare car that was made for Europe, delivered in Italy, and serviced in England. It has a certificate from Ferrari, a red book, some luggage, a tool roll, and an owner’s manual. It has only driven 20,967 kilometers.
- 1963 Ferrari 250 GT/L Designed Berlinetta Lusso by Scaglietti will start selling for £1,250,000 – £1,500,000 GBP. This is a beautiful and fast Ferrari 250 GT/L Berlinetta Lusso, a rare car with a powerful V-12 engine. It was restored by a famous company and has its original parts. It is waiting for a certificate from Ferrari to prove its authenticity.
- 1956 Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Gullwing with an auction price of £1,250,000 – £1,500,000 GBP. This is a Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Gullwing, a rare and beautiful car with a special performance package. It was painted in light blue, but now it is silver with a red leather interior. It has traveled around the world, from the Philippines to the USA, Europe, and the UK. It has a sport suspension and a NSL engine that match its original parts. It is a classic and valuable car that any collector would love to have.
- 1963 Aston Martin DB4 Convertible can be bought for £1,200,000 – £1,600,000 GBP. This is a unique and stunning 1963 Aston Martin DB4 Convertible, the only one of its kind to have a DB4 GT engine installed by the factory. It has been restored to the highest standard by the experts at Aston Martin Works, who also replaced the engine with an identical one that meets the original specifications. It has a beautiful Midnight Blue exterior, a Red Connolly leather interior, and a Black soft-top, all matching the factory colors. It also comes with a lot of documentation, such as its factory build sheet, photos from different periods, a certificate from Aston Martin, and a book about its restoration.
- 1958 Bentley S1 Continental Drophead Coupé by Park Ward selling for between £800,000 and £1,000,000 GBP -This is a 1958 Bentley S1 Continental Drophead Coupé, a rare and elegant car that belongs to Jay Kay, the singer of Jamiroquai. He has owned it for 22 years and used it in his music video Love Foolosophy, where he and Heidi Klum drove it around. The car was restored in the early 1990s by UK specialists who kept its original beauty and charm. It has a low mileage of less than 40,000 miles, which is believed to be true. It is one of only 94 S1 Drophead Coupés made, and one of 55 with right-hand drive. It is a stunning example of Bentley’s craftsmanship and style.
- 1929 Bentley 4½-Litre Supercharged Le Mans Tourer in the style of Vanden Plas will auction for between £750,000 and £900,000 GBP. This is a 1929 Bentley 4½-Litre Supercharged Le Mans Tourer, a powerful and historic car that has raced and won many times. It was upgraded to have a supercharged engine in 1990, and since then it has competed in many historic races from 2006 to 2023. It was driven by Derek Bell, a five-time Le Mans winner, at the 2012 Le Mans Classic. It was also the first supercharged Bentley to win an international race. It has a clear history of ownership and has been with the current owner for 17 years. It is a remarkable and fast car that represents the best of vintage Bentley racing.
- 1931 Bentley 8-Litre ‘Silent Bloc’ Saloon by Vanden Plas will find a new owner at £600,000 – £750,000 GBP. This is a 1931 Bentley 8-Litre ‘Silent Bloc’ Saloon by Vanden Plas, a rare and beautiful car that has a short chassis and a powerful engine. It has a stylish and original saloon body made by Vanden Plas, a famous coachbuilder. It has been owned by some famous and wealthy people, such as J.A. Player, William Ruger, Jr., and G. Clayton Greene. It has been well taken care of and driven with pleasure. It has a detailed history report from Dr Clare Hay, an expert on vintage Bentleys. It is a wonderful and elegant car that shows the quality and craftsmanship of Bentley.
These are just some of the amazing cars that will be offered at RM Sotheby’s London sale on 4 November 2023. You can view all the available lots on their website, or register to bid online or in person. This auction is not only a great opportunity to buy or sell your dream car, but also to enjoy a spectacular evening curated by RM Sotheby’s at a historic venue.
RM Sotheby’s has been hosting a fall sale in London since 2006, and has established a reputation for offering some of the most desirable and valuable cars in the world.
ABOUT THE VENUE
“Marlborough House is a historic and majestic building that overlooks the River Thames near Buckingham Palace. It was built in 1711, the same decade as the royal palaces, and is older than Big Ben by more than 100 years. It is located in the heart of Pall Mall, a prestigious area of London. RM Sotheby’s is honored to return to this splendid venue for a second year, with an exciting automotive auction planned for November 4, 2023.” (Source: https://rmsothebys.com/en/auctions/lf23)
Don’t miss this chance to be part of one of the most prestigious and exciting car auctions in the world!