The Las Vegas Concours d’Elegance Presents the “Best of Show – Helene Award” The Weeknend of October 21-24, 2021
October 21, 2021 @ 10:00 am - October 24, 2021 @ 4:00 pm$20
The Las Vegas Concours d’Elegance will again bring more than 150 magnificent collectible show cars to the world’s entertainment capital at the Las Vegas Ballpark in Summerlin during the days of October 21-21, 2021.
Only in its second year, the Las Vegas Concours d’Elegance 2021 has announced that beyond a competition of cars, the event will feature a new venue of pre-show Concours d’Avant, experiential celebrations, and all-new upscale luxury events.
At the Concourse, and competing for the “The Best of Show Award” this year, is a 1933 Lincoln KA Cabriolet that was formerly owned by the Disney actor, Fess Parker. It will stand among the other 150 vintage cars to complete for the nicest car on the field.
There will be 15 car classes competing for awards and some cars that date back to 1903.
Another rarity to see is the 1935 Duesenberg JN Bojangles Sports Sedan owned by car collector Rob Hilardes of Visalia, California. It will be on display at the Las Vegas Concours d’Elegance and is expected to pick up a major award..
The Duesenberg JN has pedigree. The Duzy was originally owned by the famous actor and dancer Bill “Bojangles” and purchased for only $17,000 – back in 1935.
Today, the Duesenberg could be worth over one million dollars and more if it captures the prestigious “Best of Show” award.
From the owners of the Las Vegas Concours:
“We initially set out to ensure that our inaugural event would earn its rightful place among the famed Concours showings and competitions from around the world,” notes founder, Stuart Sobek, “and we achieved our goal. Now we are focused on elevating our second year to even greater heights.”
The 2021 Las Vegas Concours will recognize and present a lifetime achievement award called the Helene Award.
ABOUT THE BEST OF SHOW AWARD & HELENE AWARD
Celebrating excellence in the automotive industry, leaning more toward vehicle design, is the Helena Award.
The Helene Award is the show’s highest award and is reserved for the cars chosen as “Best of Show”.
The first award will be presented to Mr. Peter Brock for his lifetime of achievement in automotive design.
And later, the second award will be presented to Ms. Constance Smith, an automotive engineer, author, and car enthusiast, for her extended contribution to Education within the automotive industry.
Las Vegas Concours d’Elegance 2021
Schedule, Admission, and Event Highlights
- Date: October 21-24, 2021
- Venue: Las Vegas Concours d’Elegance 1650 S Pavilion Center Dr, Las Vegas, NV 89135
- Location: Las Vegas, NV
- Concours d’Elegance & Car Show Tickets: Adult: $100 for Saturday, October 23, 2021
- VIP Tickets: $225 for Saturday, October 23, 2021
- Tour d’Elegance to Red Rock National Park is a FREE Event
- Featured: 2021, we will award two honorary Helene Awards at the Concours Awards Ceremony.
- Website: https://lasvegasconcours.com/
- Phone: (702) 992-0512
- Year founded: 2019
- Presenting sponsors: Towbin Motorcars
- Number of Cars on Display: +100
- Mark Streeter / City VIP Concierge / 702.741.2489 / [email protected]
- Location description: Completed in 2019 by the Howard Hughes Company, this $150 million dollar facility is a state-of-the-art modern ballpark that was voted “Best Base Ball Park” in 2019. This grassy outfield venue will be an elegant modern setting for the Concours Car Show.
- BUY TICKETS HERE
TOUR D’ELEGANCE. – (8:00 am on Sunday in the Transporter Area of the parking lot at approximately)
The Tour d’Elegance will be a majestic mountain drive through the rolling Red Rock National Park on Sunday morning.
If you can make it, this is worth doing! You will never believe you are just ten miles from the Downtown Vegas Strip.
LAS VEGAS CONCOURS D’ELEGANCE 2021 SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 21, 2021, is the “CONCOURS D’AVANT”
- Transport Arrivals. They will be accepting early arrivals for parking and transport placement beginning at NOON on Thursday.
- The Concours d’Avant. The Opening Night Soiree will take place from 3:30 pm-6:30 pm at the Shelby Heritage Center. The Shelby Heritage Center has been home to over 30 Shelby vehicles and tells the Carroll Shelby Story from its inception in 1962.
- The Heritage Center is constantly updating its cars to keep⁹ things fresh. This is a FREE event for all car enthusiasts, car clubs members, Concours d’elegance attendees.
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 22, 2021 is the “FIELD OF DREAM CARS”
- 1:00 pm – 4:30 pm – Friday Show Vehicle Load-In
- 6:00-9:00 pm – “Field of DreamCars” Private Invitation Only Dinner Party at the Las Vegas Ballpark, for Exhibitors, Judges, and Sponsors. This is a casual dinner where attendees can eat, drink, and mingle while roaming the Las Vegas Ballpark. Starting at the Club Level, all attendees have time to visit some of the Ballparks SkyBox Suites and mingle with Sponsors and Exhibitors. Also can walk down to the Mall Level, and visit vendor displays featuring classic and vintage cars, new cars, exquisite Art, Branded Jewelry, new fashion styles, and more.
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 23, 2021 is the LAS VEGAS CONCOURS D’ELEGANCE
- Main Event: +100 Classic Cars at the Las Vegas Concours d’Elegance
- 9:30am-10:30am – Final Load-In
- 10:30 am- All Cars in position
- 11:00 am – Judging Begins
- 11:00 am – 12:00 pm – “MVPs” VIP field access.
- 12:00 pm-6:00 pm – Towbin Motorcars presents the 2nd Annual Las Vegas Concours d’Elegance
- 4:00 pm-6:00 pm – Awards Show
- 6:00 pm BEST OF SHOW presentations.
- BUY TICKETS HERE
Sunday, October 24, 2021
OCTOBER 01.2021 UPDATE: Our Sunday morning Tour d’Elegance has been postponed for 2021. All other events of the weekend remain and are on schedule. This is the only event of the weekend that must unfortunately be postponed. Rest assured that in 2022 the Tour d’Elegance will return, bigger, better and more spectacular. Thanks for your understanding.
THE “BEST OF SHOW” of THE HELENE AWARD EXPLAINED
The Helene Award is the same as the “Best of Show Award” at the Las Vegas Concours d’Elegance. Named after Helene Rother, the first female General Motors automotive designer who was hired in 1943. This award sets a different tone for this Concours, demonstrating automotive achievement is open to both men and women.
Aside from “Best of Show”, individuals will be singled out for Helene Awards in several categories: design innovation, industry achievement, product development, and technical achievement, legacy collections and collectors, photography, publishing, and media. The physical awards include a likeness of Helene Rother’s head, making its namesake clear.
2021 CARS COMPETE FOR AWARDS
- Antique PRE 1916 AND Vintage 1916-1925
- American Classics 1948 and earlier OPEN
- American Classics 1948 and earlier CLOSED
- European Classics 1948 and earlier
- Prewar Sports and Sports Racing
- Auburn Cord Duesenberg
- American Postwar Oddities thru 1974
- Postwar Sports and Sports Racing British
- Postwar Sports and Sports Racing European
- Postwar Sports and Sports Racing American
- Postwar American Road Cars 1985 and earlier
- Postwar European Road Cars 1990 and earlier
- Supercars 1971-1990
- Race Cars, all years
- Cadillac Through the Years from 1953
2021 DISPLAY CLASSES
- Japanese Cars 1946-1990
- Ferraris for the Road, 2011-Present.
- Very Limited Production, Concept, One-off
- VEGAS STRONG Restomods Collections
Best of Show winners 2019 for the very first Helene Awards granted to car owners.
- Best of Show Pre-War was awarded to the 1931 Bugatti Dubos of the Nethercutt Collection, Sylmar, CA
- Best of show Post-War was awarded to the 1953 Ferrari 250 Europa Vignale of the Cogan Collection, Louisville, KY.
Congratulations to the Honorary Helene Award Winners, Sheri Goldstrom as an Automotive Collector, Michael Furman for his fine Automotive Photography, and ArtCenter College of Transportation Design, for educating Automotive Designers.
Las Vegas Concours d’Elegance
1650 S Pavilion Center Dr, Las Vegas, NV 89135
Complete Event Details Listed Below