Watch Mecum’s Monterey Auction Broadcast Live Over The MotorTrend TV Network From Monterey Car Week, August 17–19, 2023
August 17 @ 8:00 am - August 19 @ 6:00 pm$20
Mecum Monterey will auction over 600 classic and vintage cars during Monterey Car Week and broadcast the event live over the MotorTrend Broadcast Network from August 17-19, 2023.
This year’s auction will feature eight private car collections as well as hundreds of carefully curated vintage muscle cars, high-end supercars, exotic cars, rare sports cars, pre-war classic cars, and classic motorcycles.
The Mecum Auction Monterey will take place over three days at the Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel from August 17-19, 2023. Tickets for the auction are open to everyone and are now on sale on the Mecum website for $20 in advance online, or $30 at the gate.
New this year, Mecum will feature an innovative, first-of-its-kind tech-focused automotive event called The Monterey Motorsports Festival (MMF). The event promises to captivate automotive enthusiasts through new immersive and engaging experiences. The MMF will take place all day (11 am-10pm) on August 19th, 2023. (Details of the event are listed below)
The three-day auction will feature approximately 600 automobiles, but the majority of the most outstanding vehicles will come from eight individual collections. The following are the top car collections for sale:
- Veloce, Schnell & Fast Sports Car Collection: This collection boasts over 25 world-class vintage sports cars imported from the finest factories worldwide. It features Ferraris, Austin-Healey’s, Porsches, and more, with a high concentration of classics from the ’50s and ’60s.
- The Santa Cruz Motorcycle Collection.: This collection includes three significant and rare motorcycles. Among them are a one-of-four 1915 Indian 8-Valve, a 1918 Henderson Four in original paint and remarkable condition, and a low-production 1942 Indian Chief.
- From the Tom Brennan Car Collection: This collection comprises a trio of documented vintage Porsche race cars specified for SCCA-sanctioned racing, including a rare demonstrator and a factory-built special.
- From the Doug and Christine Dressler Collection: This collection features a handful of ’50s-era classics, including two of the favorite flared and finned Adventurers built by the now-defunct DeSoto, along with two of Chrysler’s coveted New Yorker line.
- The Reggie Jackson Collection: This collection, from the private collection of former Major League Baseball right fielder and Hall of Fame inductee Reggie Jackson, includes Corvettes, Camaro Z28s, and other high-performance and muscle car classics.
- The Don Williams Estate Collection: This collection features consummate classics, including Packards, Rolls-Royces, Cadillacs, and more from both the pre and postwar automotive eras, all elegantly assembled.
- The Northwest Collection: This unique collection includes a selection of vintage Fords and a lone 1946 Mercury Woody, all slated for the Monterey auction stage.
- The Mike and Debbie Rogers Datsun Car Collection: This collection features eight vintage and special-edition variations of the venerable Model Z line, making it a unique collection of rare Datsun’s.
FEATURED CAR COLLECTIONS
One of the featured car collections up for auction in Monterey that will offer a larger selection of rare Ferraris is The Veloce, Schnell & Fast Sports Car Collection. This collection includes approximately 25 car total including a good number of extremely rare Ferraris, Porsches, and Austin-Healeys – but also includes other collectibles. The majority of the collection consists of twelve extremely rare Ferraris, with valuations well in excess of a million dollars.
Three of the most impressive cars in the Veloce collection include a 1965 Ferrari 500 Superfast Series II, listed at $2,000,000 – $2,500,000, a 1963 Ferrari 400 Superamerica Series II, priced between $2,850,000 – $3,100,000, and a 1968 Ferrari 330 GTS expected to sell for $1,800,000 – $2,200,000.
FEATURED AUCTION VEHICLE
One of the highlights of the auction is the 1937 Mercedes-Benz 540K Special Roadster, which is no stranger to Monterey Car Week and The Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance. Back in 2011, the 540K Roadster was a main attraction in Pebble Beach and was prominently displayed at the event.
The 1937 Mercedes-Benz 540K Special Roadster is one of the most iconic and coveted cars of the pre-war era. This luxurious and powerful vehicle exudes elegance and style. The 540K Special Roadster was produced in limited quantities, making it even more rare and desirable.
This particular one-off 540K Roadster is part of the Don Williams Estate Car Collection. And rare, you bet! This luxury classic was previously part of the Imperial Palace Auto Car Collection and the General William Lyon Collection. It was constructed under the guidance of renowned car designer Hermann Ahrens. It’s one of only 419 examples ever produced and carries an asking price of $3,500,000–$4,500,000. (The History of the 540K on Wikipedia)
MONTEREY MOTORSPORTS FESTIVAL
On Saturday, August 19, Mecum will serve as the Title Sponsor of the innovative Monterey Motorsports Festival at the expansive Monterey Fair & Event Center. The first-of-its-kind tech-focused automotive event promises to deliver a distinct and immersive experience intended to contrast the current schedule of long-running Car Week experiences. Visit MontereyMotorsportsFestival.com for tickets and more information.
For the first time ever at Car Week, the Monterey Motorsports Festival (MMF) is a unique automotive celebration, designed to captivate automotive enthusiasts through immersive and engaging experiences. The Monterey Motorsports Festival offers eclectic experiences for everyone, from gearheads and tech enthusiasts who love big toys to those who simply want to soak up the excitement of revving engines in an engaging, all-inclusive atmosphere.
A single ticket to the MMF gives you access to the best the car world has to offer and includes the following events.
• New Vehilce Technology Displays, Electric-Solar
• Automotive Displays, Exotics-Classics-Race-JDMs
• Off-Road Truck Displays, All-Wheel Drive
• Motorcycles, New-Classics-Electric
• UTVs and ATVs, New and Future Technology
• Electric Bicycle Technologies, All Types
• Heavy Equipment Technologies, Excavators-Skid Steers, and More
• Car Driving Simulators, Live Workshops & Demos
• Meet and Greet with Influencers, Business Leaders
• Music, Entertainment, and Food and Beverage
The MMF will take place all day (11 am-10pm) on August 19th, 2023. (Click Here For More MMF Details)
MECUM MONTEREY LIVE BROADCAST SCHEDULE:
You can watch the Mecum Monterey Auction 2023 live on MotorTrend TV and MotorTrend Plus TV, streaming online and over your local cable. Broadcast dates, times, and schedules are listed below. Additionally, we have provided a detailed description of how to access the MotorTrend live-streaming feed. Updates for dates, times, and schedules will be posted here on CarCollectorsClub.com.
(Below is the Mecum Auction Monterey Live, Replay, and Delayed TV Schedule)
Friday, Aug 18, 2023
1:00 PM – 5:00 PM – LIVE Broadcast on Motortrend Plus Broadcast and Motortrend TV Network
5:00 PM – 9:00 PM – DELAYED on the Motortrend TV Broadcast Network
9:00 PM – 1:00 AM // RE-AIR Mecum on MotorTrend TV
Saturday, Aug 19, 2023
1:00 PM – 3:00 PM – LIVE Mecum on MotorTrend and MotorTrend+
1:00 PM – 5:00 PM – LIVE Broadcast on Motortrend Plus and Motortrend TV
5:00 PM – 9:00PM – DELAYED on the Motortrend TV Broadcast Network
9:00 PM – 1:00 AM // REPAY on Mecum Motortrend TV
Watch Mecum Streaming Live Instructions:
- Click on the” Watch Mecum Live Link Below”.
- Sign in to Mecum using your Google or Facebook account.
- After signing in, Mecum will forward you to the Live Auction Link.
- WATCH MECUM LIVE NOW
- OR – Log on to Motortrend TV Here and Login In (Motortrend TV Link)
VIDEO: 2023 Monterey Streaming Mecum Auto Auction Preview
Thursday, August 17-19, 2023 from 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM each day. (Gates open at 8am)
- 8:00 AM – Gates open where you can start viewing the car collections, grab a seat, and shop Mecum’s official merchandise.
- 8:00 AM – 9:00 AM Aug. (18-19) The Road Art Auction Starts in the morning main auction area.
*Aug. 17th only, the road art auction times are 9:00 AM – 10:00 AM
- 10:00 AM to Close – All inventoried vehicles will be auctioned for each day.
The Monterey Week Auctions take place at the
► Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel – Del Monte Golf Course
► 1 Old Golf Course Road Monterey, CA 93940
GENERAL ADMISSION AND DAILY TICKET PRICE”
Tickets at the gate on the day of the auction
🎫 $30 per person, per day.
Advance Tickets Online:
🎫 $20 per person, per day. Online-only.
*(Advance ticket sales offered until 11:59 PM, August 16, 2023 CDT)
• Children 12 years and younger get in free.
• All Mecum admissions are sold on a nonrefundable basis.
HOTEL DEALS & RECOMMENDATIONS
Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel & Spa on Del Monte Golf Course (This is the host hotel)
1 Old Golf Course Rd, Monterey, CA 93940 (See on Google Map)
MECUM 4-Night Package Deal
• Standard rooms cost $3,654.00
• (check-in 8/16, check out 8/20)
• 4-night package
ABOUT THE HYATT REGENCY MONTEREY HOTEL
The Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa on Del Monte Golf Course is a 4-star hotel situated in Monterey, California. It is nestled on 22 acres of Monterey Pine trees, just 20 minutes from Pebble Beach and a few minutes from the Pacific Ocean. The hotel boasts 643 recently renovated guest rooms and suites. Amenities include a spa, an outdoor pool, a fitness center, and several restaurants. Additionally, the hotel is located on the Del Monte Golf Course, a par-72 championship course that has hosted numerous professional tournaments.
If you are flying in, the closest airport is the Monterey Regional Airport (MRY) which is only 10 minutes away. the other major airport that is 90 minutes away is the San Jose Mineta International Airport (SJC)
THREE WAYS TO BID
There are three convenient ways to bid and buy cars and memorabilia at the Mecum Monterey Auction while watching the auction’s live broadcast on MotorTrend TV. These include bidding live in-person, online, or via telephone. You can use the Mecum online bid submission form here.
IN-PERSON: Experience the thrill of bidding right on the auction floor, mingling with thousands of car collectors. You can register to bid in person (at the show) or online by simply completing an online form. Registering to bid is straightforward and easy by clicking on the button below.
TELEPHONE: Enjoy the convenience and anonymity of bidding by telephone from anywhere in the world. A good strategy is to watch the auction live on MotorTrend TV (online or over the phone) and place your bid right over the telephone. Once you’re registered, you can even have someone bid on your behalf. Follow the link below to register online.
INTERNET: You can also bid on a car online after you have registered. Simply watch the auction live on MotorTrend TV and enter your bids with a click of a button. You can register for online bidding by following the “Register to Bid” button below.
With all three options above, you can call Mecum directly at ☎ (262) 275-5050 to speak with a dedicated bidding representative.
For more up-to-date information about the Mecum Monterey Auction 2023, you can visit the Mecum.com website. The website offers the most up-to-date information on new consignments and includes pricing, descriptions, images, and details. You can also call Mecum directly at ☎ (262) 275-5050 for additional details.
Event: Mecum Auction in Monterey California
Date: August 17-19, 2023
Featuring: Over 600 Vehicles For Sale
Location: Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel And Spa – Del Monte Golf Course
Address: 1 Old Golf Course Rd, Monterey, CA 93940
Phone: (831) 372-1234