- This event has passed.
The Chattanooga Motor Festival & Concours d’Elegance Three Day Event Celebrates The Weekend of October 15-17, 2021
October 15 @ 10:00 am - October 17 @ 4:00 pm UTC+0$25
The three-day event features the premiere of The Pace Grand Prix at the Bend, a Mecum Auction, the Chattanooga Concours d’Elegance, as well as the open road West Village Road Rallye all taking place along the picturesque riverfront in downtown Chattanooga, Tennessee. This annual festival features thousands of cars, live concerts, car clubs, street fairs, and food trucks, making this event one the entire family will enjoy.
There will be four main events over the three-day weekend called The Pace Grand Prix, a West Village Road Rallye, A Mecum Auto Auction, and the last event and car show called the Chatanoooga Concours d’Elegance.
The Chattanooga Motorcar Festival, October 15, 16, and 17 is expected to attract 40,000 car enthusiasts to downtown Chattanooga and the Riverfront.
Chattanooga Motorcar Festival partners with Fifty Plus Foundation to benefit Alzheimer’s and neuroscience research. The core components are as follows: The Pace Grand Prix at the Bend, Concours d’Elegance, West Village Road Rallye, andMecum Auctions.
Date and Time Of The Festival
Fri, Oct 15, 2021, 9:00 AM –Sun, Oct 17, 2021, 10:00 PM EDT
MECUM AUCTION – (Friday, October, 15th and Saturday, October 16th)
Mecum Auctions will be featuring a unique multi-car action at the Chatanooga Motorcar Festival on Friday, October, 15th and Saturday, October 16th at the Chattanooga Convention Center One Carter Plaza in Chattanooga Tennessee.
The two-day auction will include over 600 vehicles from five private collections and will sell with No Reserve. The collections to be sold are from The Walter Hawk Car Collection, The Jin Arneet Jr. Car Collection, The Defoor Brothers Collection, The North Lakes Private Mustang And Shelby Car Collection, and The Moss Car Correction.
One notable vehicle to come across the gavel and command maximum value is a 1965 Lola T70 MkI Spyder Race Car that was formerly owned by none other than Carroll Shelby and Dan Gurney. Additional notable vehicles to the sold are a Custom Painted Mustard Yellow 1968 Shelby GT500KR Convertible, and a 4-Speed 440 CI Purple 1970 Dodge Challenger R/T muscle car.
- Chattanooga Motorcar Festival & Concours d’Elegance
- Date: October 15-17, 2021
- Chattanooga, Tennessee
- Location description: Chattanooga West Village
- Admission: Adults $25
- Featured: There will be 14 Ferraris on display, and it will include legends like the 1948 Ferrari 166 Spider Corsa, a 1967 Ferrari 275 GTB/4S NART Spider, a 1954 Ferrari 250 Monza, and a 1985 288 GTO.
- Featured Concours d’Elegance Classes: 1948 Tucker Cars, Brass & Tin Era, Post and Pre-War European & American Sports and Classic Cars, Detroit Muscle Cars, Hot Rods & Custom Made Cars, Vintage Motorcycles, Some Prototypes, Modern Exotic & Supercars, and Featuring Cars of the 1942 Era.
- Website: www.montecitomotorclassic.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/chattanoogamotorcarfestival/
- Contact Phone: (423) 421-6305
- Year founded: 2019
- Cars on display: +300
- Benefits / Donations: Fifty Plus Foundation, Inc., The Neuroscience Center at CHI Memorial and the NeuroScience Innovation Foundation
- Last year’s Best of Shows: (2019) The Best of Show Award went to a 1928 Auburn 8-115 (Owner Al and Barbara Mason), The Timeless Elegance Award went to a 1928 Isotta Fraschini 8A SS owner (Peter Boyle) and The People’s Choice went to a 1961 Porsche 356 Roadster owned by Jerry Peters.
- Host hotel:
The Westin Hotel
801 Pine Street Chattanooga, TN 37402
Phone: (423) 531-4653
Other events during the festival include fun for both children and adults: games, simulators, youth judging, Automobilia, Car Club gatherings, specialty displays, celebrities and special guests, panel discussions, and much more. “There will be entertainment available for all from the time the gates open each day,”
Events include th The Pace Grand Prix, a West Village Road Rallye, a +600 vehicle Mecum Auction, and the Chattanooga Concours d’Elegance. For a complete schedule of events go to www.chattanoogamotorcar.com.
SPECIAL EVENTS INCLUDE:
An ultimate collection of priceless vintage Ferraris will be on display for a “once in a lifetime” Ferrari Collection viewing. 2021 Chattanooga Motorcar Festival will feature an event called the “Gathering of the Greats – Ferrari Edition”. This collection of Ferrari’s has seldom been seen by the public.
So, if you are a Ferrari Lover, you’re going to love this. There will be 14 classic Ferraris on display at the show. The Ferrari’s are from different car collections around the world and include legendary models such as a 1948 Ferrari 166 Spider Corsa, a 1967 Ferrari 275 GTB/4S NART Spider, a 1954 Ferrari 250 Monza, and a 1985 288 GTO.
A Mecum collector car auction at the Convention Center by the world leader of collector cars and vintage and antique motorcycles. A classic DeLorean car and a BMW Batmobile are among 600 cars to be auctioned.
- Auto shows, including a Gathering of the Greatest—Ferrari Edition with Ferraris valued from $15 million to $80 million
- Concours d’Elegance (competition of excellence) – prestigious vehicles from all over the United States displayed and judged
- The Inaugural Legendary Charity Cruise-in showcasing collector vehicles
- Pace Grand Prix at the Bend, a purpose-built two-mile racecourse featuring wheel-to-wheel competition among vintage and historic cars
- Street Festival and family activities, live concerts, automobilia expo
- West Village Road Rallye – authentic vintage and historic cars completing a road course
Tivoli Theatre Event Friday evening “Into the Future” featuring a conversation with actor Michael J. Fox and information on the latest
advances in neuroscience. This is a separately ticketed event and all information may be found on the Chattanooga Motorcar Festival website.
There will be four main events over the three-day weekend called The Pace Grand Prix, a West Village Road Rallye, A Mecum Auto Auction, and the last event and car show called the Chatanoooga Concours d’Elegance. The following are complete details of the dates of each day’s times and events.
DAILY EVENT SCHEDULE & DETAILS
Friday, October 15, 2021
- The Pace Grand Prix Race Cars at the Bend
- West Village Road Three-State Rallye
- 600 Vehicle Mecum Auctions – Convention Center
- Car Clubs Meet in the West Village
- Automobilia in the West Village
- Plenty of Family Activities – West Village & Track
- Street Festival – West Village Chattanooga in Chattanooga, Tennessee
Saturday, October 16, 2021
- The Pace Grand Prix at the Bend
- Legendary Charity Car Cruise-In Fund Raiser
- West Village Road Rallye
- Day 2 of the Mecum Auction at the Chattanooga Convention Center
- Car Clubs in West Village
- Automobilia Show in the West Village
- The Pace Grand Prix Race and The West Village Road Rallye Awards Ceremony in the West Village
- Plenty of Family Activities in the West Village and at the Track
- Street Party and Festival in West Village
Sunday, October 17, 2021
- Sundays Chatanooga Concours d’Elegance (The Main Event from 10-4pm)
- Gathering of the Greatest Ferrari Collections in the West Village
- More Automobilia Events in the West Village
- The Concours d’Elegance Awards Ceremony and the end of the festival
- Follow this link for ticket prices and availability (Chatanooga Festival and Concours d’Elegance Tickets)
TICKET PRICES FOR THE CHATANOOGA MOTORCAR FESTIVAL AND EVENTS
$39 For A General Admission One-Day Pass
This single-day access ticket includes access to The Pace Grand Prix, (Sunday’s) Concours d’Elegance, The West Village Road Rallye, TheWest Village Concert & Entertainment Stage, The Car Clubs Event, West Village Street Party & Festivals, The Automobilia Display, and all the Food & Drink you can buy..
$69 For A General Admission Two-Day Pass
The Two Day General Admission Ticket is good for any two days of the events. The ticket provides total access to two consecutive days of admittance to the Chatanooga Motorcar Festival and the Sunday’s Concours d’Elegance, The Pace Grand Prix, The Road Rally, All Access to the Concert Stage, The West Village Street Party & Festivals, The Car Clubs Events, The Automobilia Display, and all the Food & Drink you can buy..
$89 For A General Admission Three-Day Pass
The Three Day Pass & General Admission Ticket provides access to all days of the festival and events (INCLUDING THE MECUM AUCTION). A three-day pass includes entrance and participation to The New Pace Grand Prix, Sundays Classic Chataooga Concours d’Elegance, The West Village Road Rallye, The West Village Entertainment Music Concert & Stage, The Car Clubs Event, Saturday’s Legendary Classic Car Cruise-In, All The West Village Street Festivals, Automobilia Displays, and all you can eat at the deluxe food trucks.
$89 For The Chatanooga Mecum Action
The Two-Day Mecum Auction will be featuring over 600 vehicles from six different private collections. The auction takes place at the Chattanooga Convention Center One Carter Plaza in Chattanooga Tennessee and will take place on Friday, October, 15th and Saturday, October 16th. This ticket will also offer you full access to the 3-Day festival and all the events include Sunday Concourse.
$350 For a (VIP) For Three-Day Ticket and VIP Pass To All Events
(The VIP Events are Sponsored by Cyndeo Wealth Partners and The Bend.)
VIP Tickets have all the same privileges and access to events as the above $89 Three Day Ticket. Additionally, the VIP ticket offers exclusive spectator event views, access to three private lounge areas that include beverage vouchers, and access to a gourmet food menu, and VIP lounge access. View all details and lounge schedules at https://www.chattanoogamotorcar.com/vipticket
**Students and Children under 15 may attend free with the purchase of an adult ticket.
Chattanooga Concourse d’Elegance and Car Show Competition Classes To Be Judged
The car classes in competition for awards at the show on Sunday will be 1948 Tucker Cars, Brass & Tin Era, Post and Pre-War European & American Sports and Classic Cars, Detroit Muscle Cars, Hot Rods & Custom Made Cars, Vintage Motorcycles, Some Prototypes, Modern Exotic & Supercars, and Featuring Cars of the 1942 Era.
Awards Will Be Present on Sunday, October 17th for the Following Car Classes
- Brass and Tin pre-1920’s Vintage Vehicles
- Prewar Vintage American Classic and Prewar American Sports Cars
- Prewar European Classic and Prewar European Sports Cars
- Authentic Hot Rods and Custom Car Collections
- Custom Vintage Motorcycle Car Collections
- Postwar European & American Sports Cars
- Detroit Made Classic American Muscle Cars
- Rare 1948 Tucker Cars, Classic Jaguar Cars, and Rare Ferrari
- Vintage Showcars and Prototypes Cars for are on “Display Only”
- Modern Supercar, Hypercars & Exotic Car
- Marque Radwood Cars From 1980 to 1999
- Cars from the Class of 1942
CELEBRITIES AT THE THE EVENT
This year there will be a host of celebrities at the 2021 Chatanooga Motorcar Festival. Celebrities you can expect to rub shoulders with at the festival include American Restorer and TV series “Chasing Classic Cars” personality Wayne Carini, TV commentator and publisher of “Sports Car Market Magazine” Keith Martin, and Famed “Automotive Hall of Fame” writer and journalist Ken Gross. Additional celebrities include champion former race car driver and TV commentator Alain de Cadet, retired British race car driver Brian Redman, and American motor racing personality Linda Vaughn,
Beneficiaries From The Festival
Charity Funds raised at the event will be used to support the Stroke and Neuroscience Center at CHI Memorial. Additionally, funding from the show’s proceeds applies to the NeuroScience & Innovation Foundation in Chattanooga. Funding provides neuroscience research and technology advancements in efforts to find a cure for Alzheimer’s Disease.
Additionally, portions of the proceeds from the Chattanooga Motorcar Festival will support neuroscience research through Fifty Plus Foundation, Inc. to support neuroscience research.
The Fifty Plus Racing Foundation event was started by local Chattanooga businessman Byron DeFoor 10 years ago to raise funds for neuroscience research for an Alzheimer’s cure. Byron and his brother Ben DeFoor thought the West Village (in Chatavooga) would be a great place to raise money for starting a festival-style car show.
“It’s about the underlying cause, not just the event,” Byron says. The Festival Event Adviser, Alexis Bago adds, “We want to bring Chattanooga to the forefront in neuroscience research, cures, and treatment.”
Event and Venue Information Below
Concourse d’Elegance and Festival Location
Chattanooga West Village
298-200 W 8th St
Chattanooga, TN 37402
About Chattanooga Motorcar Festival:
Proceeds from the Chattanooga Motorcar Festival support neuroscience research through Fifty Plus Foundation, Inc. Approaching a decade of supporting Alzheimer’s and neuroscience research, Fifty Plus Foundation, Inc., created the Chattanooga Motorcar Festival to bring that support to a local level while funding research that will help find a cure.