Keels & Wheels Concours d’Elegance Launches Classic Car & Vintage Boat Show at the Lakewood Yacht Club TX (Sunday, May 7 2023)
May 7 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm$30
The Keels & Wheels Concours d’Elegance Classic Car and Boat Show will proudly display over 280 classic vehicles at the Lakewood Yacht Club in beautiful Seabrook, TX, on May 6th and May 7th, 2023. This nationally acclaimed classic Concours d’Elegance is the single largest vintage car and wooden boat show in the country and attracts over 10,000 car and boat lovers from all over the world.
This year, the event celebrates its 27th anniversary and will host over 200 classic cars and 100 vintage boats that will compete for Concours awards and trophies. Additionally, the event will supply tons of fun with two days of LIVE Music & Entertainment, Southern Cooking, Car & Boat Themed Parties, and Exclusive VIP Parties.
This Years Theme Is: “Racing Thru Time, Man’s Need For Speed”
For 2023’s car show, we will be featuring Vintage and Contemporary Race Cars from Le Mans, Indy, and Formula 1, as well as Racing Boats of all types and eras. Additionally, we will be honoring 100 years of MG cars and 70 years of the Corvette branded cars. Also, the field will be filled with award winning American and European Pre-War and Post-War Classics Cars. (source: Keels and Wheels.com Website)
The Keels & Wheels Concours d’Elegance will feature a FREE car show on Saturday and an official Concours d’Elegance on Sunday that includes competition and judging for multiple trophies and awards.
There will be over 200 cars separated into 40 unique classes that range from old antique cars from 1900 to modern supercars from 2023. Below is a full list of famous vehicle makes, models, manufacturers, brands, and marques that will be featured at the car show.
The event provides a one-of-a-kind lakefront display of classic vehicles from all over the world while celebrating an educational experience for the history and evolution of automobiles and boating.
Beyond a good time, The Keels & Wheels event raises money for major charities. Over the years, Keels &Wheels has supported local charities such as the Boys and Girls Clubs of Houston, The Leukemia Society, The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, The Boys and Girls Harbor, and Today’s Harbor for Children Foundation. Over the past 26 years, the event has raised over $1.8 Million for local Charities.
FEATURED CLASSIC CARS ON DISPLAY
Car classes will be organized into about 40 unique classes including the following
- American and European Post & Pre War Cars Years 1920 – 1972, Antique Cars from 1900 – 1919, Chevrolet Vehicles of the 40s – 60s, and Pick Up Trucks everything before 1950.
- From over the pond, European classic cars on display will be from legendary European marques such as Lamborghini, Aston Martin, Ferrari, BMW, Maserati, Mercedes, MG, Jaguar, Morgan, Porsche, Triumph, and the Grand Daddy of them all, Rolls-Royce & Bentley.
- From the USA, some of the famous classic collectible cars on display will be from such famous iconic brands as Corvette, Mustang, Ford GT 40, Shelby, Packard, Cadillac LaSalle, Lincoln, and Thunderbird.
- Lastly, specialty vehicle collection classics display will be Electric Cars, Supercars, Motorcycles, Hot Rods, Street Rods & Rat Rods
FEATURED VINTAGE WOODEN BOATS ON DISPLAY
The Vintage boat competition and the show will take place in the Lakewood Yacht Club Marina on both Saturday, May 6, and Sunday, May 7 from 9 am to 5 pm.
The boat show will be broken down into unique classes such as Cruiser, Runabout, Historic, Historic Sail, etc. Additionally, they will be separated into categories such as Historic, Antique, Classic, Contemporary, and Replica. Below are the classes and categories that will both be on display and judged for awards.
- Historic Boats that were built before 1919
- Antique & Historic Boats manufactured from 1919 to 1942
- Classic Boats that were built between 1943 and 1975
- Late Classic Era Boats Boats were built between 1976 to 1990
- Contemporary Wooden Boats built over the past 25 years.
- Custom Boats that have been modified in any way
- Classic Glass Boats with glass bottoms up to 1990 only
- Replica Boats are built to copy historic boats of any year.
AWARDS & PRESENTATIONS
After the cars are judged on Saturday, Formal Awards will be presented on Sunday. Awards will be presented by the coveted “Best of Class” Award (One for each vehicle class), the “Corinthian Awards”, and the “Commodores Award” for Best of Show.
*** The Keels and Wheels car that won the 2022 “Best of Show” winners went to owners Peter Mullins for a 1938 Tatra; Larry Nannini for a 1932 Chrysler Imperial CL Lebaron; Kenneth Karrer with a 1963 Cadillac Eldorado; Peter T. Boyle who featured a 1928 Isotta Fraschini; and Billy Hibbs of Tyler, Texas 1968 showing off a Bizzarrini 5300 Strada.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Saturday, May 6, 2023 (FREE EVENT)
- 10:00 AM – The Concours d’Elegance Opens To Everybody
- 11:00 AM – 5:00 PM You Can Watch The Kendra Scott Trunk Show
- 11:00 AM – 3:00 PM Bring Your Children to the Kids Build-a-Boat & Soapbox Derby
- 12:00 PM – Participate in Skydiving Team Sponsored by RE/MAX
- 3:30 PM – Don’t Miss The Vintage Boat Award Ceremony Poolside
- 5:00 PM The Concours Closes and the Shuttle Service Ends
- *** 9:00 AM Shuttle Bus Service From Remote Parking Lots Begins
Sunday, May 7, 2023 (Tickets $40 at Gate – $30 Online in Advance)
- 9:00 AM – The Concours d’Elegance Gates Open To The Public
- 11:00 AM – 4:00 PM – Watch The Kendra Scott Trunk Show
- 12:00 PM – Go Join The RE/MAX Skydiving Team
- 1:00 PM – Watch The Concours d’Elegance Car Show Award Ceremony
- 5:00 PM – All Events Close and Exits Begin
- 6:00 PM – Hurry, The Shuttle Service Ends
- *** 8:00 AM Shuttle Bus From Remote Parking Lots Service Begins
VIP EVENTS – (Saturday, May 6th and Sunday, May 7th, 2023)
For maximum experience, buy a VIP two-day event ticket. You will have exclusive access to the private Club Concours at the Lakewood Yacht Club and Marina. Your VIP Club Concours experience will include the following amenities.
VIP TICKET PRICE
VIP Club Concours tickets are $250 per person for both Saturday and Sunday.
** All Weekend Lanyard Ticket (1 Saturday and 1 Sunday Lanyard + 1 GA ticket + 4 drink tickets)
VIP TICKETS INCLUDE
VIP ticket holders can enjoy an exclusive party that includes a private bar and menu at the Lakewood Yacht Club overlooking the vintage boats on Clear Lake. The two-day event includes breakfast, lunch, and Hors d’oeuvres on both Saturday & Sunday. Also, there will be a VIP Saturday Night Party including Live Music and Entertainment as well as a Southern Style Dinner. Lastly, on Sunday, VIP ticket holders will have access to private seating for the prestigious award ceremony.
Tickets for the VIP Saturday & Sunday Party and $250 (Includes a Saturday and Sunday).
Saturday, MAY 6 2023 from 9:00 AM CDT to 11:00 PM CDT
Sunday, MAY 7 2023 from 9:00 AM CDT to 11:00 PM CDT
Keels & Wheels Concours d’Elegance
Saturday, May 6, 2023 – Sunday, May 7, 2023
Lakewood Yacht Club
2425 NASA Parkway Seabrook, TX 77586 United States
TICKET PRICE AND ADMISSION
General Admission Tickets:
• Online tickets in advance are $30
• Ticket on the day of the event at the gate is $40
• Tickets for 13 and older are only $15
• Children under the age of 12 are admitted for FREE.
• PURCHASE TICKETS HERE
VENUE: CONCOURS CAR & BOAT SHOW LOCATION
Venue: Lakewood Yacht Club
2322 Lakewood Yacht Club Drive
Seabrook, TX 77586
PARKING & SHUTTLE SERVICES MAP
DIRECTIONS TO PARKING & SHUTTLE TRANSPORTATION SERVICES
1. Valero Gas Station
3324 E NASA Pkwy
Seabrook, TX 77586
2. Endeavour Marina
3101 NASA Road 1
Seabrook, TX 77586
3. James F. Bay Elementary School
1502 Bayport Blvd.
Seabrook, TX 77586
RECOMMENDED HOTEL & ACCOMMODATIONS
Hilton NASA Clear Lake
3000 NASA Road 1 Houston, TX 77058
ROOM RATE: Discount Keels & Wheels Special Rate: ($109.00 single or $109.00 double.)
1-800-445-8667 – 281-333-9300
**(This is the Keels & Wheel Hosting Hotel and is only 3.2 Miles from the show.)
CHARITY AND FUNDRAISING
From Bob Fuller (Concours Chairman of the Keels & Wheels Concours d’Elegance)
“Over the years, Keels &Wheels has supported a variety of local Charities, including Boys and Girls Clubs of Houston, Leukemia Society, Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, and Boys and Girls Harbor, now known as Today’s Harbor for Children and others. We are proud of the fact that we have donated over $1.8 Million to local Charities. For 2021 we will be supporting Texas Lighthouse Foundation.”SOURCE
To learn more about becoming a sponsor, please contact: Bob Fuller at 713-521-0105 or [email protected]
HOW TO CONTACT:
Keels & Wheels Office
PO Box 156 Seabrook, TX 77586