Copshaholm Concours d’Elegance Celebrates 4th Annual At The Historic Copshaholm House Museum In South Bend Indiana On July 9, 2022
July 9, 2022 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm$16
The Concours at Copshaholm & Car Show will be celebrated in South Bend, Indiana at the 2.4-acre Copshaholm Museum and Estate on Saturday, July 9, 2022. The event will feature over +90 pristine cars, all award-winning, historically significant, and sometimes one-of-a-kind. The cars date as far back as 1901 and are as new as 2022. The show competition will start at 10:00 in the morning and run until 4:00 in the evening.
This year marks the fourth annual Concours at Copshaholm. The Car Show & Concours will be a competition of classic cars for design and elegance. The 90 unique and rare automobiles on display will be a premier celebration of automotive design and styling as well as family-friendly programming.
On Saturday, The Concours Car Show will display and highlight specific Chrysler models as a featured vehicle event. There will also be a variety of private cars from individual car collectors’ collections on the estate grounds. These vehicles will include Jeeps, German automobiles, Packards, and more. You can find a complete class list and more details on the event website, concoursatcopshaholm.org.
The Copshaholm Estate will be transformed into a vehicle playground and feature over 75 vintage, antique, and classic automobiles and motorcycles. Some iconic vehicle classes on display will include American Muscle Cars, American Sports Cars, Over-The-Pond British Sports Cars, Luxury Classic Cadillacs, Vintage Coachbuilt Classics, Fabulous Fins of the ’50s, The Kickin’ Brass Era Cars, and, of course, the Studebaker Muscle Cars.
FRIDAY, JULY 8
- 12 p.m. Rig Parking Lot Open
- 6 p.m. – 8 p.m. Collector’s Celebration
SATURDAY, JULY 9
- 7 a.m. – 9 a.m. Exhibitor Entry & Vehicle Placement
- 9 a.m. Judging Begins
- 9:30 a.m. – 11 a.m. Junior Judging
- 10 a.m. Concours & Museum Campus Open to the Public
- 10 a.m. – 11 a.m. Exhibitor Only Copshaholm “Oliver” Mansion Tours
- 11 a.m. Copshaholm “Oliver” Mansion open for General Public
- 11 a.m. – 11:45 a.m. Renee Crist Lecture
- 1 p.m. People’s Choice Ballots Due (Drop-off at the Museum Store Tent)
- 1 p.m. – 1:45 p.m. From the Avanti 1001 to Avanti 5643 Lecture by Dave Kinney
- 2:30 p.m. Pass-In-Review & Awards Presentation
- 4 p.m. Concours Closes
- 5 p.m. Museum Campus Closes
Schedule, Admission, and Event Highlights
- Date: Saturday, July 9, 2021
- Venue: Copshaholm (John D. Oliver House)
- Address: 201 Chapin St. South Bend, IN 46601
- Location: South Bend, IN
- Car Show Tickets: Adult: $16
- CHILDREN 12 & UNDER: FREE
- Museum Tickets: Members Of The Studebaker National Museum: $6
- Website: www.concoursatcopshaholm.org
- Phone: 574-235-9714
- Year founded: 2018
- Number of Cars on Display: +90
- Location description: The Historic Copshaholm House Museum was built in 1895 and designed by Lamb & Rich; Alice E. Neale and once owned by the Industrialist J.D. Oliver. The Copshaholm House is a 38-room Romanesque Queen Anne house designed by New York architect Charles Alonzo Rich. Additionally, the estate sits on 2.5 acres of beautifully landscaped gardens, including a garden tea house, formal Italianate garden, rose garden, pergola, tennis lawn, and fountain. once owned by the industrialist J.D. Oliver.
FEATURED GUEST – DAVE KINNEY
Dave is a lifelong automobile enthusiast who has been able to blend his passion for all types and ages of cars into his vocation. The owner of USAppraisal, an automotive valuation firm, Dave is an Accredited Senior Appraiser with the American Society of Appraisers.
Dave is the Publisher of The Hagerty Price Guide, which he founded in 2006 as Cars That Matter. He serves on the Mcpherson College Advisory Board and has been judged at numerous national and international Concours, including Chief Judge at the Audrain Concours d’Elegance.
HAGERTY JUNIOR JUDGING
Do you have children or grandchildren interested in learning more about cars? We have the perfect opportunity during our Concours d’Elegance at Copshaholm for budding car enthusiasts — Hagerty Junior Judging!
Hagerty Junior Judging is open to participants ages 6-14. Participants will learn more about some of the cars in our show, have the chance to judge 4-5 automobiles, and award their winning car a prize.
To register, please fill out the form and return it to Maria Drevet at [email protected]. For questions, please call 574-235-9002.
MAP & DIRECTIONS
When you approach the Museum Campus, signage will show where general parking is available. There is street parking for the event in the neighborhood. The Museum parking lots and grass lots south of the Museum are available for parking.
Where To Park?
Parking is FREE.
Parking can be found behind the Copshaholm Museum and the Studebaker Museum. This is just (East) of Chapin Street.
2022 MAP OF EVENTS
Don’t forget to visit the Studebaker National Museum right across the street from the Copshaholm Concours d’Elegance. The Studebaker Museum is housed in a state-of-the-art, 55,000-square-foot facility that opened in October 2005. The building has three levels and features fully climate-controlled galleries and storage facilities to ensure the best possible care for the Collection. The Studebaker National Museum was designed by South Bend’s own James Childs Architects and features several design elements from Studebaker’s factory buildings. Source: https://www.studebakermuseum.org/