(Updated May 6, 2021) The Amelia Island Concours d’Elegance Car Show which was scheduled to take place on March 7, 2021, is officially rescheduled for May 20-23, 2021.
This year’s concourse will take place at the luxurious Ritz-Carlton Hotel and Golf Resort on Amelia Island and will feature over 300 of the most beautiful automobiles and motorcycles in the world.
The concourse includes four days of events including a “Cars and Coffee” event (FREE to visitors), the main Concours car show ending with awards ($150 per person), and an exclusive auction hosted by RM Sotheby’s.
COMPLETE GUIDE TO THE AMELIA ISLAND CONCOURSE d’ELEGANCE FOR MAY 20-23, 2021
Daily Show Overview
Thursday, May 20, 2021
The first day offers visitors a preview of the auto auction, shopping for art & memorabilia, and a dinner called “The Guardians of Porsche Wine Maker’s Dinner” is scheduled to take place in The Ritz-Carlton Hotel. Additionally, there will be a feature event called “The Porsche Driving Experience“. (Thursday Details)
Friday, May 21
The second is packed with fun-filled car-themed events. To start there is more shopping at the “Shop at the Concours” for art and memorabilia, free new car test drives, and the Ritz Carlton & Golf Club, and there will be a special section for Automobilia and Luxury Lifestyle Merchants that is open to the public in the main lobby at the Rit-Carlton. Additionally, there will be a silent auction, and a Grand Finale Chevy Thunder NASCAR Seminar hosted by NASCAR Driver Hall of Famers crew chief Ray Evernham to celebrate Chevy Thunder. The day ends with a Themed McLaren Dinner at the Rits-Carlton. (Friday Details)
Saturday, May 22
Saturday is the FREE car show of over 450 rare, classic, and exotic cars for all visitors at the MotorXpo Display on the greens of the 1st, 10th & 18th Fairways, Golf Couse. Again there will be more shopping, another silent auction, more FREE test drives, and more auto memorabilia and apparel for sale. But, Saturday you will see a once-in-a-lifetime seminar celebrating the 45th anniversary of the Porsche 935. The seminar is hosted by legendary NASCAR Hall of Fame crew chief Ray Evernham and will feature famous race car drivers such as Bob Garretson, Brian Redman, David Hobbs, Hurley Haywood, Jack Atkinson, Kevin Jeannette, and M
Sunday, May 23, 2021
The main Concours event will be held on Sunday, May 23, 2021, featuring over 300 classic world-class vehicles to be judged by over 100 professional judges. All the cars are available for viewing from 10 am to 4 pm on the golf course fairways. Toward the end of the event on Sunday, over 40 awards will be presented to the winners of each car class. (Sunday Details)
End of Day Sunday – “CAR SHOW AWARDS DAY”
The show will conclude with the presentation of the two most coveted awards called the “Best of Show Concours” and “Best of Show Concours de Sport”. The show ends at 4 pm with over 5,000 watching while the awards trade hands and corks are popped.
CORONA VIRUS UPDATE: THE SHOW MUST GO ON! Event Founder and Chairman, Bill Warner, made the announcement on January 11, 2021, saying ensuring that:“Every day since the covid-19 outbreak, our team has consulted experts, followed local and national developments regarding the pandemic, and weighed our options.” Mr. Warner further states, “Moving the date allows more time for the vaccine to be distributed.”
Mr. Warner continues to state the reason for the postponement is – “Safety First”. “Our number one concern is the safety for both our staff and the over 10,000 car enthusiasts that are expected to attend the event this year.”
Mr. Warner specifically states “At the outbreak of the Covid-19 pandemic, The Amelia Island Concours d’Elegance Foundation made a promise to put the safety of our spectators, volunteers, entrants, judges, vendors, sponsors, staff, and board of directors first. But we believe the health and well-being of those involved outweigh the inconvenience.”
The Amelia Island Concours d’Elegance, The Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance (California), The Meadow Brook (Michigan), and the La Jolla Concours D’Elegance (California) are among the most respected automobile shows in the world. These shows often feature only the rarest, unique, sought-after, and expensive vintage and classic cars among the rich and famous.
The Amelia Island Concours d’Elegance Ticket Pricing for May 20-23, 2021
- General admission tickets cost $100 if purchased between July 6, 2020, and March 31, 2021.
- Tickets purchased between April 1 and May 22, 2021, are $125.
- Tickets purchased at the gate (on the day of the event ) cost $150.
- General Admission tickets for kids, ages 13-17 years old, cost $60, while children under 12 years old enter for FREE.
SPECIAL EVENT TICKETS: The Guardians of Porsche Wine Maker’s Dinner starts at 6:30 on Friday, May 20, 2021, at the Amelia Island Ritz-Carlton in the Talbot Ballroom. Tickets for the ball are $400.
*Military Discount: People keep asking, Is there an “active military discount”?
**Yes, but only for Active Duty Military and their dependents. The ticket price for Active Military and Dependents is $60 with active military ID on any day of the event.
Amelia Island Car Show Ticket Prices Summary:
- Early Purchase Ticket: $100 (July 6, 2020 – March 31, 2021)
- Pre-Purchase Ticket: $125 (April 1, – May 22, 2021)
- Gate Ticket Price: $150 (Day of the Event)
- Children: $60 (13-17 yrs. old)
- Kids: FREE (12yrs. old and under)
**Amelia Island Talbot Ballroom Ticket Price: $400 (Call for this ticket)
The show does NOT let you bring your pets to the show or events. Some service animals are allowed, but only on the show field.
Important: If the 2021 Amelia Island Concours is canceled, tickets will be refunded.
Online tickets can be purchased here and on the official event website: Buy a Ticket
2021 Amelia Island Concours Car Show Schedule
Thursday, May 20, 2021 Events
- The “Shop at the Concours” Art, Memorabilia, and Appeal Store will be open from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m every day of the show on Main The Concours Show Field.
- The RM Sotheby’s Amelia Island Auto Auction Preview is open to the public and takes place on the Ocean Front Lawn of the hotel from 1:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- The Amelia Island Concours Silent Auction is scheduled to be held at The Ritz-Carlton Hotel and Resort in the Amelia Island Plaza from 3:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- The Guardians of Porsche Wine Maker’s Dinner is scheduled to take place in The Ritz-Carlton Hotel in Amelia Island Talbot Ballroom from 6:30 pm – 10:30 pm on Friday, May 21, 2021
- Amelia Island Concours d’EleganceThe Porsche Driving Experience is scheduled to take place from 7:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. on the event grounds.
Friday, May 21, 2021 List of Events
- Porsche Driving Experience Starts at the Fernandina Beach Municipal Airport 7:00 am – 4:30 pm and tickets are $275.00
- The Reliable Carriers’ Eight Flags Road Tour is only open to registered vehicles and starts at the Ritz-Carlton Hotel front driveway and ends downtown at Fernandina Beach from 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- The “Shop at the Concours” Art, Memorabilia, and Appeal Store will be open from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. every day of the show on Main The Concours Show Field.
- Free Test Drives -The Cars from various manufacturers can be tested at the front driveway of the Ritz-Carlton Hotel and The Golf Club of Amelia Island from 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. This event is Complimentary to everyone.
- The Amelia Island Concours d’Elegance Automobilia and Luxury Lifestyle Merchants are located in The Ritz-Carlton Hotel’s main lobby and are open to the public. It is available from 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- The RM Sotheby’s Amelia Island Auction Automobile Preview is scheduled in The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Main Ballroom and the Ocean Front Lawn & Courtyard from 9:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- The Amelia Island Concours Silent Auction will take place at the Amelia Island Plaza 1 from 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. at The Ritz-Carlton Hotel.
- Friday Seminar – Chevy Thunder is a NASCAR Seminar hosted by NASCAR Driver Hall of Famers crew chief Ray Evernham to celebrate Chevy Thunder.
- Other Celebrity NASCAR Speakers Include:
- Richard Childress – Owner of multi-time NASCAR Championship
- Herb Fishel – Director of GM Racing for 40 years;
- George Follmer – UOP Shadow Racing Winner;
- David Hobbs – 1972 SCCA F5000 and SCCA Tran-Am Champion
- Brian Redman – 3-time SCCA F5000 Champion and IMSA GTP Champion
- There is a Themed McLaren Dinner scheduled for Friday, May 21, 2021, from 6:30 pm – 10:00 pm. The Dinner takes place at the Ritz-Carlton Hotel in the Talbot Ballroom. It is a Black Tie Affair by invitation only.
Saturday, May 22, 2021 Events Amelia Island Concours d’Elegance
- At the MotorXpo Display Main Event, there will be over 450 rare, classic, and exotic cars for viewing on the 1st Fairway and 10th & 18th Fairways of the Golf Club of Amelia Island. The automobiles on display will be from selected car clubs. This event takes place from 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- The RM Sotheby’s Amelia Island Auction Preview will be held on the Ocean Front Lawn from 9:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- The “Shop at the Concours” Art, Memorabilia, and Appeal Store will be open from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m every day of the show on Main The Concours Show Field.
- Amelia Island Concours d’Elegance Automobilia Vendors is open to the public and will take place at the Amelia Island Ritz-Carlton from 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- FREE Test Drives are available at The Ritz-Carlton Hotel from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. from different major automobile manufacturers.
- The Amelia Island Concours Automobile Silent Auction is scheduled to take place at Plaza 1 inside The Ritz-Carlton from 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- “The All Conquering Porsche 935” Seminar is scheduled for The Golf the Club of Amelia Island and Presented by Grundy Insurance from 3:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. on Saturday, May 22, 2021.
- At the Show Field Awards Tent is a seminar hosted by NASCAR Hall of Fame crew chief Ray Evernham to share stories and experiences with the Porsche 935 when he raced in at IMSA.
- Other Famous Auto Racing Legends that will be speaking are Bob Garretson, Brian Redman, David Hobbs, Hurley Haywood, Jack Atkinson, Kevin Jeannette, and Mark Raffauf.
- Bob Garretson – Garretson Enterprises and Dick Barbour Racing
- Brian Redman – Dick Barbour Racing and Alwin Springer
- David Hobbs – John Fitzpatrick Racing
- Hurley Haywood – Interscope, Bayside, and Brumos Racing
- Jack Atkinson – Brumos Racing crew chief
- Kevin Jeannette – Swap Shop Racing crew chief
- Mark Raffauf – VP of Competition at IMSA
Saturday Seminar -The All Conquering Porsche 935
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm The Golf Club of Amelia Island – Show Field Awards Tent
A seminar hosted by NASCAR Hall of Fame crew chief Ray Evernham to tell stories of racing, preparing, and writing rules for the all-conquering Porsche 935 when it raced in IMSA. Panelists scheduled to appear to include: Hurley Haywood – Interscope, Bayside and Brumos Racing; Bob Garretson – Garretson Enterprises and Dick Barbour Racing; Jack Atkinson – Brumos Racing crew chief; Kevin Jeannette – Swap Shop Racing crew chief; Mark Raffauf – VP of Competition at IMSA; Brian Redman – Dick Barbour Racing and Alwin Springer – ANDIAL.
3:00 PM – 4:30 PM The Awards Tent on the Showfield.
(Panelists are subject to change)
The RM Sotheby’s Amelia Island Auction is only for registered bidders, sellers, and credentialed media only featuring more than 80 rare, classic, and vintage automobiles that will be auctioned off in the Grand Ballroom at the Ritz-Carlton Hotel scheduled to start at 11:30 a.m. For more information go to the RM Sothebys Website at www.rmsothebys.com or call (800) 211-4371
A Cocktail Reception is by invitation only and is scheduled to be held in the Talbot Ballroom lobby of the main hotel The Ritz-Carlton and starts at 6:30 p.m. and ends at 7:15 p.m.
THE BIG The Big Gala Dinner Event:
The Gala Dinner will be held in the Talbot Ballroom of the Ritz-Carlton Hotel on Amelia Island at 7:30 sharp with limited seating. The event will be Honoring Racer “Lyn St. James”. Lyn St. James is also known in the automobile enthusiasts world as an accomplished Racer, writer, broadcaster, entrepreneur, and motivational speaker and is the first woman to win the Indianapolis 500. (Read More On “Lyn St. James”)
Sunday, May 23, 2021 (The Main Event)
The Amelia Island Concours d’Elegance Sunday, May 23 Brief Overview
- 9:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. The Golf Club of Amelia Island 10th & 18th Fairways
- 9:45 a.m. Honoree Lyn St. James enters the show field from the Awards Tent
- 10:30 a.m. Sandra Alford Cars & Vintage Fashions Show is at the Awards Tent
- 11:00 a.m. Chairman’s Welcome / National Anthem & Flyover
- 11:45 a.m. All the Judges are Introduced
12:15 p.m. – 4 p.m. Amelia Island Concours d’Elegance Awards Presentation
AWARDS: At the Awards Tent is the presentation which includes
- Best in Show
- Best in Class
- Corporate Awards.
The MotorXpo at the Amelia Island Concours d’Elegance with cars and vendors will be held on the first hole of the Golf Club of Amelia Island all day from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. on Sunday, May 23, 2021.
The Shop at the Concours takes place at the Show Field on The Golf Club of Amelia Island from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Sunday, May 23, 2021.
2020 Amelia Island Concours Best of Show Winners
Best of Show Concours de Sport at the Amelia Island Concours 2020 was awarded to the 1973 Porsche 917/30 Can-Am Spyder owned by Rob Kauffman of Charlotte, North Carolina. Chassis 917/30/003 with the Sunoco livery was raced by Mark Donohue under the Penske Racing banner.
Best of Show Concours d’Elegance at the 2020 Amelia Island Concours was given to the 1929 Duesenberg J-218 ‘Whittell’ Limousine owned by the Lehrman Collection, Palm Beach, Florida.
Car Show Location :
Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island
4750 Amelia Island Pkwy Amelia Island, Florida 32034
Date: May 20 to May 23, 2021
Time: 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
More Amelia Island Concours Car Show 2021 Event Details > > >
Map of the 2021 Amelia Island Concours Car Show
This year at the Amelia Island Concours will feature the Porsche 935. The Porsche 935 started its road to fame 45 years ago. The new race car recorded an astounding 194-mph top speed on the mile-long Mistral straight on the French motorsport race track. This was faster than the rocket speed of the Tyrrell Formula 1 car testing at the same time. The 935 finished with the Le Mans reaching a top speed of 209 mph. It broke records when is accelerated from 0-125 mph in just 8.5 seconds.
Many of these car shows and events have either been rescheduled, delayed, or canceled. Below is an updated list of some of the top automobile events that have been postponed, canceled, or rescheduled.
CONCOURS D’ELEGANCE 2021 CAR SHOW UPDATES:
- The Amelia Island Concours d’Elegance located on Amelia Island Florida has officially rescheduled to May 20-23, 2021
- The Concours d’Elegance of America at St. John’s located in Plymouth Michigan (formally Meadowbrook Concours d’Elegance ) has been officially rescheduled to July 23-25, 2021.
- The Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance located in Pebble Beach California was originally rescheduled until Sunday, August 16, 2020, but has now been canceled.
- The Eyes on Design Automotive Design Exhibition at the Edsel & Eleanor Ford House located in Grosse Pointe Shores, Mi has been rescheduled to Sunday, June 20, 2021
- The 16th Annual La Jolla Concours d’Elegance is still scheduled for April 17-18, 2021, and NOT CANCELED. Tickets are currently on sale and available at 858-459-5335.
Rules of the Amelia Island Concours d’Elegance and How They Are Judged
- Honorary Judges are chosen who are typically automotive industry or motorsports specialists.
- Automotive classes are chosen and arranged by time period, marque, type, country of origin, and coachbuilder
- Judges inspect each vehicle and submit a score of 1-100 for each car. (Any imperfection requires a fractional point deduction and nothing is overlooked.)
- Each entry is rated for style, function, authenticity, quality, and historical value.
- Judges select a first, second, and third place for each class in the event
- Awards are presented on the final day of the Concours d’Elegance.
- Official Amelia Island Concours Rulebook
Thank you for the good information it was very informative.. i will be there for sure.